Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Banned

Default Equestrielle

http://wiki.project1999.com/Equestrielle

a roamer not listed at the Location: (1585, 505), (866, 9)? seems to be spawning her very commonly

8min spawn and feels like 50% spawn rate or close to that got a backpack of unicorn horns in a hour
Last edited by Tongpow; 03-13-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

-Equestrille will path in much larger areas of the zone.

While I was here I noticed lots of static faeries, skeletons, spiders, wasps, orc centurions. Gave those a grid appropriate for their areas.

Regarding Equestrielle.. when should the Corrupted start spawning? Earliest date I found was 06/2001.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned

GM event In late 2001, Equestrielle's horn was broken off by Firiona Vie in an effort to defeat an invading Cazic Thule, causing the unicorn to become permanently Equestrielle the Corrupted.

The corrupted Equestrielle still roams the forest.

Formerly of Lesser Faydark. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3574

so if Corrupted is spawning on p99 this mob shouldn't even be spawning anymore Or Corrupted shouldnt be spawning not both as it currently is
Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

dont think corrupted is spawning, corrupted is a pita, youd know

will devs recreate the gm event, or just trigger new spawn?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM event In late 2001, Equestrielle's horn was broken off by Firiona Vie in an effort to defeat an invading Cazic Thule, causing the unicorn to become permanently Equestrielle the Corrupted.

The corrupted Equestrielle still roams the forest.

Formerly of Lesser Faydark. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3574

so if Corrupted is spawning on p99 this mob shouldn't even be spawning anymore Or Corrupted shouldnt be spawning not both as it currently is
It (corrupted) is not spawning. That's why I asked when it should start. If we get enough information about the event, I'd like to do it when the time comes.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Developer

In July, Cazic Thule decided to taint the Lesser Faydark region and corrupt it. The whole forest turned blood red. Imps, Frights, Skeletons, and other evil creatures roamed around. Cazic also corrupted Equestrial, a famous unicorn that the elves had a great respect for. It came down to Firiona Vie to put a stop to the corruption. Cazic knew what Firiona was trying to attempt. Since killing Equestrial was out of the question, the only way to cure Equestrial of her corruption was to cut off her horn. The only way for FV to do that was to touch the horn herself.
Cazic Thule then came to the forest to deal with Firiona herself, but Tunare appeared and fought him off. Before he left, Cazic laughed that while his corruption was now cleared from the forest, Firona Vie herself would be forever tainted because she had to touch the horn to cut it off. FV knew of this, but accepted the consequence anyway.

--

64 posts
Yes, the Undead Sprites and Frightlings are new. They showed up on my server the day after the GM event where Firiona Vie removed Equestrelle's horn. Supposedly Cazic Thule has corrupted the innocent denizens of the forest.

I've seen Undead Sprites, Undead Sprite Spooks, Undead Sprite Raiders, Undead Sprite Horrors, Undead Sprite Guardians and Undead Sprite Guards. Be especially aware of the Undead Sprite Horrors since they are Shadow Knights which means they have that nasty Harm Touch. Some Horrors (but not all, might be level dependent) can see through invisibility. Guards, Guardians and plain Undead Sprites seem to be Warriors. I'm unsure what the Raiders and Spooks are, but so far the Horrors are the only ones that I have seen cast.

With a full group of 17-21st level players we were able to take on the red guards despite not being able to get any spells to stick. Loot was pretty good, though the details escape me now. At least one dropped a FS Rapier.

The Lesser Faydark also now boasts a red haze to it, instead of the normal greenish one. Certainly another side effect of Cazic Thule's attention.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=57311

Awarded during the GM event in LFAY back around 2000 for assisting Firiona Vie in defending the area against Avatar of Thule. That day Equestrielle, the white unicorn, became Equestrielle the Corrupted and LFAY fell into a blood red hue. In addition the the earring Kainzzo the Gnomelord received the title "The Wind Caller". There were 3 other titles representing the 3 other elementals.

I was part of the force helping Firiona Vie to summon the Avatar of Tunare when Cazic Thule interrupted the ceremony and tricked Firiona Vie into cutting off Equestrielle's Horn (which corrupted her).
http://dioscuri.guildportal.com/Guil...3431455&Page=1
Last edited by Telin; 03-14-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Developer

In April it appears Before main event: tons of Character scripts with descriptions found here:
http://www.network54.com/Search/view...smilez&page=78

Sample:
04:16:16 Equestrielle begins to run through the trees, as all the weapons and spells are scaring her away....Perhaps if everyone gathered together and was quiet, the Unicorn would return.
04:16:17 Equestrielle says, 'Neigh! Sooo many peoplesss...'
04:16:36 Firiona Vie rubs Equestrielle's neck.
04:16:43 Equestrielle nuzzles Firiona gently.
04:16:43 Firiona Vie says, 'It is good to see you again old friend'
04:16:53 Firiona Vie Smiles.
04:17:22 Equestrielle says, 'I know why you have come Princess.'
04:17:43 Firiona Vie says, 'Alas indeed I understand '
Last edited by Telin; 03-14-2014 at 02:04 PM..