Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had 28mil i gave my account away on irc last time i quit eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i only have 3 million skill points (you start the game with 500,000 skillpoints so im like 2.5months in or so on this new account) and i haven't had this much fun playing a video game in years
uh-huh *nod* *nod* To bad you cant go back and edit that out.

Quote:
its probably for the first time ever actually showing the population in numbers that reflect actual people playing the game
nope.
http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Quote:
and you don't think the capital ship rebalance and the new citadels wont bring the bitter vets back? i mean, i would of quit too if they nerfed my blap/ratting titan the fucking things are like only used for jump bridges on the day to day now when shit like B-R isn't happening people used to fucking solo in them. praise to Speedweed and the swagnarok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhvgl2K-C9g
They hand out titans to people with 3mil SP now? Even 28mil is stretching it thin. 28mil SP, you are at about competent battleship pilot. I put 25mil just into T2 frigate alone. Just a paper kite bomber is 20mil.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-30-2016 at 04:00 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 03:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
i had 28mil i gave my account away on irc last time i quit eve
Quote:
i only have 3 million skill points (you start the game with 500,000 skillpoints so im like 2.5months in or so on this new account)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh-huh *nod* *nod* To bad you cant go back and edit that out.
on this new account

mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They hand out titans to people with 3mil SP now?
no, but people who don't even play the game could read the patch notes on the ship. i never wanted to be anything but a subcap pilot hearing stories about being bubblefucked for 10hours + SHIT THEY ARE FINALLY APPARENTLY MAYBE trying to change... capitals are getting fucking MJDs now
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-30-2016 at 04:10 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Tongpow;2177811] on this new account

mate...
Quote:
i only have 3 million skill points (you start the game with 500,000 skillpoints so im like 2.5months in or so on this new account) and i haven't had this much fun playing a video game in years
uh-huh hehe almost got it edited out there, the typical new game experience comment. Of course it's a "new account". It would need to be, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
no, but people who don't even play the game could read the patch notes on the ship. i never wanted to be anything but a subcap pilot hearing stories about being bubblefucked for 10hours + SHIT THEY ARE FINALLY APPARENTLY MAYBE trying to change... capitals are getting fucking MJDs now
When they do patch notes... it's usually iffy. They don't even update their wiki, it's 5yrs out of date in some places. CCP is distant from it's vets (Again :P ), they only worry about making it easy for newbies now, ones they don't have yet actually.

Just don't pick up industry, crafting if absolutely broken for new players, you cant get good BPO's and such, not unless you spend $100's converting from PLEX to ISK so you can buy the very few offered once in a while (even $1000's). Only cruddy BPO's are available to you, and the materials are in some cases worth much more than the item to make.

Anyway as for me, I've been out for three months and I don't think I'm ever going back. My first log-in was during the first expansion. Last time I took and extended leave was after the Jita riots (and we rioted bad! :P ) for about 9 months. I've taken a few breaks but always with intention to come back at some point, which usually wasn't long. Not this time though. The game could be better, was better, still ok, but I'm just fed up with CCP and their BS - BSBSBS! After the Jita riots they started to straighten out, but now that is starting to be forgotten by them, and going back to their old ways. meh...
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-30-2016 at 04:41 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

If I go back to any space mmo, it'll likely be the SWG emu. Was there at launch (playing freeze-tag hehe), leveled some characters (server wiped though) played for years. But waiting for JTLS, would be pretty nice. Not meaning to insult any hard core EQ fans, but SWG was the best mmo ever made, Pre-CU/Pre-NGE of course :/ Friggen Bounty Hunter is just great. But... really needs the space thing going on too. Maybe someday. Played SWG from about launch (waited first for nasty bug fixes, worst launch in the history of MMO's) until NGE (destroyed the game).

Not saying don't play EVE, it's not for everyone obviously, but it does have it's problems which seems to be getting worse. I'd recommend it over EQ live any time.
o7

edit: oh and a working GCW of course, it's just not fully SWG w/o the GCW (faction warfare).
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-30-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 06:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
uh-huh hehe almost got it edited out there, the typical new game experience comment. Of course it's a "new account". It would need to be, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the FUCK are you on about? im super confused at this point no troll.. claiming a mmo can't change and be new again is your argument? yeah just use everquest as an example p99 and live are basically two completely different games, same goes for eve or any mmo for that matter especially in the decade+ age group that eve and everquest are apart of

Quote:
When they do patch notes... it's usually iffy. They don't even update their wiki, it's 5yrs out of date in some places.
their wiki has been dead for years, it was replaced by eve-uni wiki and other community sites. features,nerfs,buffs,bugfixes..etc in patch notes aren't iffy its in english and has like actual numbers for the stat changes you can compare. shit like "Minor improvements to the backend code." are vague but who the fuck cares the shit that matters is all there in black and white and if your too dumb like myself a retard on reddit will explain to you why the new shit matters every patch

Quote:
Just don't pick up industry, crafting
i'd say if your interested in anything other than pvp, eve isn't for you the game has more than enough industrial autist engaged in market pvp to last until the heat death of the known universe. it makes the p99 raid community look like normal stable individuals by comparison.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the FUCK are you on about? im super confused at this point no troll.. claiming a mmo can't change and be new again is your argument? yeah just use everquest as an example p99 and live are basically two completely different games, same goes for eve or any mmo for that matter especially in the decade+ age group that eve and everquest are apart of
It did change, it changed for the good after the Jita riots. Before then it had been a heaping bug mess. But once they got it under control, re-balanced among other things, they are going back to the heaping mess. I already explained that to you, you're just not sure what I'm speaking about, but you will in time.
Quote:
their wiki has been dead for years, it was replaced by eve-uni wiki and other community sites. features,nerfs,buffs,bugfixes..etc in patch notes aren't iffy its in english and has like actual numbers for the stat changes you can compare. shit like "Minor improvements to the backend code." are vague but who the fuck cares the shit that matters is all there in black and white and if your too dumb like myself a retard on reddit will explain to you why the new shit matters every patch
No, they skip a lot of things that matter. Sometimes fixes with noting mentioned, and the community begs for notes on them. There are plenty of things in the wiki that are outdated so bad that no one knows the current state of those entries and uni cant cover either.
Quote:
i'd say if your interested in anything other than pvp, eve isn't for you the game has more than enough industrial autist engaged in market pvp to last until the heat death of the known universe. it makes the p99 raid community look like normal stable individuals by comparison.
I wouldn't "say", I'm down right positive industry is a huge mistake for new players, even those new to the game in the past 5-7 years thinking of now getting into it. Not unless you have a big RL bank account to buy your way in. There is no way to fix it, not even with all the lipstick they smeared on that pig recently. And no, it's not pvp only, pve is viable, how do you think pvp operates? All PLEX?? Most pve to pvp, or use rare BPO's (blue print original with unlimited runs) to fund wars. In wars you just lose ISK (the currency), wars are about dominating territory to either rent or to exploit: mining, pve etc etc.

As for that eve offline link, go ahead and load it. Up at the top is a "zoom" feature. Start from 5yrs and cycle down to 36hrs. Look at the white line sink, the avg. Even in the past couple months. CCP is screwing up the game. Maybe they will turn it around, but maybe not this time. They get too worried about getting new players, they mess up with the vet players. Like SWG did, you wind up with neither new players nor vet players.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-30-2016 at 07:07 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

gonna just bow out now, too much random bullshit to comment on, the most hilarious of which is you think the old t2 BPOs fund wars, not trillion isk renter empires,money moons or even a 5% tax on rat bounties is more isk a month in a large corp than a bitter vet with a couple t2 BPOs. t2 BPOs are a license to print free money, yes but they still have to compete with the other industrial idiots doing invention that's without even touching the actual numbers of how many ships u could build with a max researched BPO in a given amount of time. i don't even have to look that up to know your completely full of shit.

it seems to me you haven't played the game since fucking Darius Johnson was running goons so you don't know that datacores come from faction warfare LP stores and relic/data sites not research agents anymore
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-30-2016 at 07:13 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
too much random bullshit
It's not random bullshit. You cant fund pvp by pvp, duh? Wars cost huge, and you get that by pve, industry (those vets that can make a profit at it anyway with BPO's), exploration, marketing, and even renting the systems you conquer to others. Nonsense BS that the game isn't for you if you don't pvp. That's just silly. Most of those alliances just sit on their butts all the time and exploit systems for resources. But you'll figure it out when you get some more exp at the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, like I edited in at the end of the last post, go to eve-offline and look at the numbers as I mentioned with the zoom tool. There is no denying something is going on, to make players leave. They are, vets are leaving. Just too much BS...
said the joker to the thief
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-30-2016 at 07:25 AM..
Closed Thread