Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

So what do your wives/ children say when you guys get up in the middle of the night to mobilize for the server's 63rd CT when the content is literally done progressing? What do you tell your boss when you're 30 minutes late to work because you were up till 4 AM dealing with petition quest? What do you tell yourself when you look into the mirror? "Heh, we beat those casual scum! WE showed them who was boss."

Actually, none of this happened because it would have required you to have a) a spouse, b) sex, c) a job, d) self-dignity. Try Phinny/ TAKP/ P02/ literally any other hobby than p99 today!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just updated my tinder profile with my sweet pixels gains and that I'm crootin irl. Should find me a suitable mate. Has it worked with you redjiz/Henrique? Any tips?
He most likely subscribes to grindr as it's much easier to get laid being a pos in the gay scene.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Confirmed.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSG has never stood at the spawn points, its mainly FoH and sometimes (rarely) Awakened.
To the best of my knowledge, Awakened does not sock golems and the leadership does not condone doing so. If any of us actually do then they're fucking hypocrites and they need to stop because everyone bitches about FoH doing it.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server can't sustain 3000. The time sinks aren't player made. It's because there are not enough pixels per player.
The timesinks are 100% player made. If 6 guilds contest 1 raid mob, 2 trackers each guild and the mob goes its full 16 hours, that's 320 wasted man hours with no reward. Swap that for a rotation, Only 2 people are tracking for 32 hours invested man hours, but they are guaranteed a reward. The people who refuse to cooperate are imposing timesinks on everyone.

Not enough pixels per player? Then why are you playing here? I thought people like the scarcity of things? But I guess the appeal of scarcity is only when you're the one controlling that scarcity.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Kobold

Awaken watching for timers on ct day 1 or 2 of suspension, am flooding tov the second ban is up and calling zerg on rustle/csg/foh because we're doing the unheard of "playing nice/working together" You guys are fuckin fiends. Ive been here 6 or so years and i dont anything against any of you individually but collectively god damn. Get a grip. Stop being the problem and become the solution.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Look at all those tears!!! And i thought only Dozekar droped them...

Stay mad folks.

PS:. Oh, forgot to say, i love personal attacks. Keep em comming... pretend like you guys know me at all. Rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Banned

Mirror mirror on the wall who shed the most tears of them all?

(Redwiz)

Thanks mirror I already knew that.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The timesinks are 100% player made. If 6 guilds contest 1 raid mob, 2 trackers each guild and the mob goes its full 16 hours, that's 320 wasted man hours with no reward. Swap that for a rotation, Only 2 people are tracking for 32 hours invested man hours, but they are guaranteed a reward. The people who refuse to cooperate are imposing timesinks on everyone.

Not enough pixels per player? Then why are you playing here? I thought people like the scarcity of things? But I guess the appeal of scarcity is only when you're the one controlling that scarcity.
No one gives a shit about he hypothetical "time" you would lose because you have to compete. Spoken like a true puss.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

I could be wrong, but wasn't BDA actually the guild who up'd the ante on poopsocking? I seem to remember FE and TMO being content with camping out on poop mtn and racing to log in/engage with minimal numbers. Then BDA decided to "Farm Juggs" and sit in the lair with like 100 players, which resulted in FE and TMO doing the same.

You guys don't seem to realize that part of the hard core mentality is maximizing loot while minimizing effort. Obviously the first takes priority, but almost all tactics used by guilds like A/A are designed to ensure they get the loot by doing just slightly more than the competition is able/willing to. Take ToV for example, on live crawling through that wing was a full day or multi-day evet, here it can be cleared in hours.

It makes sense that the only way smaller and less experienced guilds can compete is by upping the ante, but you can't really put the blame for sitting on spawns (bda) or coth ducking (taken) BS on the hard-core players, because they only adopted those tactics once their old, less demanding strategies quit working.

I guess my point is, its funny to see BDA people complain about player made time sinks when they actually started those trends in an attempt to compete with the larger and more organized guilds.
Closed Thread