Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

Default Eve Online

Citadel expansion is looking pretty dope gents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCfCHWRlebw

good time to get involved returning player or new.

what i do now instead of waiting for dragons to spawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ghetPRZugs
Old 01-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

My dad plays this game pretty obsessively. He's always telling me about how many billions of isk he made in his last venture, the latest drone upgrade or missile pod he added to his navy issue scorpion, or how he narrowly escaped being ambushed at a warp gate by space pirates.

I'd definitely try it out, but the idea of spending days to months training single skills, or having to mine ore for months before I can afford a decent ship sort of makes me shy away from it.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Hi my name is SamWise and the mailman fucked my wife.

Thank you
Old 01-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Banned

says the welsch guy who gets cucked by sheep
Old 01-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you
You spelled your location incorrectly. It has two ll's, not one. You are welcome.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the latest drone upgrade or missile pod he added to his navy issue scorpion
haz but pref CNR over navy scorp, at least for a mission boat. Hawk is the best though, but a bit screwed lately since power creep with t3 dessys. They really botched that bad imo. CCP has this balance problem, anything new is way OP making systems you trained months for... well trash. At least I didn't get into industry hehehe. If you like teh pew, and like EVE, get yourself X3:TC to start - when it goes on sale (or sooner), wont regret it.

Lately haz been getting my fix off of X series. You can even mod in EVE ships. They even fixed up rebirth with the many many updates it needed, not too bad. If you like teh pew, and EVE, get youtself X3:TC or X Rebirth, wont regret it.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-27-2016 at 04:41 PM..
Old 01-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd definitely try it out, but the idea of spending days to months training single skills, or having to mine ore for months before I can afford a decent ship sort of makes me shy away from it.
the skills thing, and mining rocks are basically fucking memes and stereotypes and have always been such. waiting for skills to finish training can be not fun there is generally this spot a couple months in when you go " oh fuck " when stuff starts to slow down abit but u can still have alot of fun

i only have 3 million skill points (you start the game with 500,000 skillpoints so im like 2.5months in or so on this new account) and i haven't had this much fun playing a video game in years you can fly a tackle frigate after like 4hours after you install the game and be having a fucking blast in a big fleet fight 50-200people in nullsec AND as a fucking newbie they let you loot the battlefield after the fight i make more fucking money in 5mins looting than a mental cripple in safe space makes mining rocks for hours

join one of the nullsec newbie groups Horde,Karmafleet..etc and leave hisec as fast as you can and ignore the fucking tutorial its garbage and you can do this shit on the trial account also without paying anything to see if u like it

*drops the mic*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYrQler8Ajs
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-27-2016 at 05:40 PM..
Old 01-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
big fleet fight 50-200people in nullsec
Muh I botch edited my last post, edit was acting nuts, didn't mean to repeat. But anyway, bigger fights than that. More like thousand people or more going at it for hours and hours. Lag? oh yeah... well they use tidi now, which is time dilation, where everything slows down, even to a snails pace. Then there are other things to do w/o all the crazy drama from null alliances. hah reminds me... this is funny (warning: language... whining, tears)
Yup lol

I wouldn't suggest skipping the tutorial, not unless you have someone standing over your shoulder teaching you how to play. And the tutorial isn't even enough, then you best do the career agent missions. Still years into the game you will be trying to wrap you head around things. EVE is the most complicated game you will ever play, the most outdated game wiki you will ever find, it's no joke it's referred to as Spreadsheets Online.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:04 AM
Banned

the old tutorial was better, there is a new one now its kinda weird it doesn't even tell you about career agents you gotta be told about it in the rookie chat, eve-uni wiki + youtube videos seems to be a good approach

just know there is a place where someone will stand over your shoulder in a way we get brand spanking new players down in Horde staging system that don't even know what a stargate is and get a 1 on 1 mentor thing going over mumble and fleets that are just newbies + 1 fc who will who teach them http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Pandemic_Horde

many low member count, high skill point groups around us are learning first hand how utterly fucking terrifying a horde of organized newbros can be in fleet engagements while we take their r64,r32 money making moons and burning capital ship wrecks as scalps in our radius of destruction

it depends what role you enjoy in the giant machine that is the sandbox for me it's just being a line member pvp pilot a cog in the war machine that requires no spreadsheet.

other people mine the rocks, other people build my ships, other people theory craft how it should be equipped, other people fit them via doctrine standards i just live die live again madmax style while yelling allah akbar at our enemies

https://zkillboard.com/character/95996677/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hah reminds me... this is funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzn-fzimxpU

keep...calm..and we'll win.......
eve lost a great man when Elo quit
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-28-2016 at 04:14 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you
nice meme very creamy
Closed Thread