Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Reptilian advice

So, I’m a seventh level iksar warrior, and I have leveled almost exclusively in the Field of Bone thus far. I am seeking a change of scenery. What are some spots around Kunark that I should go check out? Am I better of exploring around the Lake of Ill Omen or the Swamp of No Hope?
Old 11-13-2020, 08:19 PM
Aviak

I did LOIO until I was 10 on my Iksar SK. FOB is just too full right now. It's a big zone but not 50+ levelers and another 2-3 PL teams clearing NE big. Kurns is a bit of a joke right now too; you have necros soloing single spawn points most of the day and not many healers around to actually run a group up top or in the basement with yet, (though I have had a little success lately with the few Iksar shamans there are hitting Kurns levels). LOIO is certainly more sparse but you'll likely get more kills in as a melee. Highly advise you to get a bow too to cut down on people snagging things from in front of you with spells.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

The Lake is large and full of omens. Venture out ye lil lizard and discover the fruits of Kunark.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

When you see a bunch of Iksar leveling in the noob yards of Freeport, you know FoB gotta be bad lol
Old 11-13-2020, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you see a bunch of Iksar leveling in the noob yards of Freeport, you know FoB gotta be bad lol
People go there for buffs and access to friends and leveling areas they are more familiar with.

Additionally, generally, kunark EXP was bad, and probably is here too. Sony saw the writing on the wall that people are too good at grinding and slowed it down but gave them more mobs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

kurns tower

best exp up to lvl 20, even better than any other lowlvlzone in classic. and its around the corner of fob.....
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 11-14-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Kurns is the best.. but not right now it isn't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Kobold

All zones next to Cabilis are good 1-10 zones (maybe except for warsliks). And at lvl 10, consider Kurn's Tower or continue in LoiO, Swamp or Field of Bone.

Or just check out the old world. Unrest once you are lvl 12-13, North Ro/Oasis....the classics. Lots of low level zones/dungeons. Najena/Befallen are great dungeons.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 11-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Thanks all! I checked out Lake of Ill Omen, and I easily grinded out to 8 without seeing another person last night. I made a decent amount of money compared to what I was making in Field of Bone as well!
About Kurt’s Tower, if I go in there at level 10 will I be able to actually crawl around there successfully, or are there just a few tenth level spawns at the entrance?
Old 11-14-2020, 03:08 PM
Banned

i went to kurns there was nothing to kill and people were arguing i went right back outside
Closed Thread