Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Some ideas:
To eliminate a Blue / Green Eco-Drama:
One server per IP (regardless of account): choose wisely
Green wraps up: perma-wipe, no transfer

What does this accomplish? Whats on green stays on green, and no "quid pro quo" between blue/green. Well ideally, as I recently came back from a break and in the last 36 hours alone I have seen one obvious boxer in unrest ( he slipped while typing) and 2 highly suspect situations - one in EK and one in CB.

Point is to keep shenanigans to a minimum. This prevent any perceived market for nerfed items, and keeps the rich on Blue from having a leg up on green and hopefully killing any cross server motivated business ventures.

Dumping the characters from Green to blue will only cause unneeded bloat on the back end as those same players will undoubtedly just reroll on green again anyway.

Seeing as Velious came so soon after Kunark, letting it hang for a few wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps at server sunset let loose the dragons or some such event.

those are my thoughts, but what do I know.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Cool My own excitement

I can't wait to login and find out what's in store for us on Green. I have a new theory on the Green server, whether its accurate or not... everything said is wild speculation so far, right?

I'm thinking there's a good chance that the content may actually change somehow in some way, that it won't be another attempt at Blue. I've heard people say "oh they know the economy is broken so... the new server will fix it."

Really? Maybe I'm too much of a 'Murica capitalist... but a free economy is always a working economy, you'll just have people who disagree with prices and can't get over how things used to be priced. I find it highly unlikely that all this effort for a new server is to "fix" a free economy.

If the current economy in a 1999 emulator was so important to maintain the 1999 economy as it used to be over the course of years... that's unobtainable and stupid to even try. You'd have to reset everything every 4 years or something. So much effort, to keep 1999 EC tunnel numbers the same? Silliest thing I've heard in group chat discussions.

"A New Experience Begins..."

New? What's that mean? Totally think this opens the door for the possibility of new content in some way, some how. Maybe that's unlikely as we are conditioned to repeat the mantra "its 1999....its 1999...." here.

So excited for October, whatever this Green thing is, I'm in. My own wish list would include updated floor and wall textures and anything else is gravy.

What could these crazy cool P99 guys be up to with this Green server that's new, I wonder.

-Halving drop rates?
-New wall and floor textures?
-All new zones?? oh my
-Halving exp rates? Doubling?

October can't come fast enough.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't wait to login and find out what's in store for us on Green. I have a new theory on the Green server, whether its accurate or not... everything said is wild speculation so far, right?

I'm thinking there's a good chance that the content may actually change somehow in some way, that it won't be another attempt at Blue. I've heard people say "oh they know the economy is broken so... the new server will fix it."
I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding the project. Nilbog has spent a decade, literally, coding Blue. He didn't do it (just) to give us all a place to play: he did it so we could "beta test" the code for him ... in anticipation of someday using that code to make Green.

If Green was in any way different, A) it would completely go against their entire stated goal (recreating classic EQ), but B) it would also require them to release untested code on Green. I don't think Nilbog spent 10 years having every line he ever wrote tested here, just to suddenly add random untested code to Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Maybe I'm too much of a 'Murica capitalist... but a free economy is always a working economy, you'll just have people who disagree with prices and can't get over how things used to be priced. I find it highly unlikely that all this effort for a new server is to "fix" a free economy.

If the current economy in a 1999 emulator was so important to maintain the 1999 economy as it used to be over the course of years... that's unobtainable and stupid to even try. You'd have to reset everything every 4 years or something. So much effort, to keep 1999 EC tunnel numbers the same? Silliest thing I've heard in group chat discussions.
All the effort for Green is not about fixing the economy, nor is it about 'Merica or capitalism: it's about classic EverQuest. Blue had seven years of Kunark and three years of Velious. Live had one year (less for Kunark) for each. As a result, P99 has ten times as many (say) fungis tunics as live would have had at the end of Velious.

Green will fix that aspect (only) of the economy. And since Green will reset every three years or so, it will have the side effect of keeping Green's economy classic ... but only because it keeps everything classic

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-17-2019 at 12:45 PM..
Old 07-17-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

will reset every 3 years or so? That's a fact? Like 10 or 20 minutes after Velious maybe?
Last edited by dusk883; 07-17-2019 at 02:53 PM..
Old 07-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
will reset every 3 years or so? That's a fact? Like 10 or 20 minutes after Velious maybe?
Definitely not "like 20 or 20 minutes after Velious" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] At the earliest it would end with Luclin, which was almost exactly a year after Velious's release.

EQ was released in early 1999, and Shadows of Luclin was released at the very end of 2001. This means that the classic period, as defined by the P99 people at least, is just a bit shy of three years.

However, no one knows if Green will end at the exact moment in time (well, the equivalent moment in time) when Luclin would have been released ... or if the staff will let people keep playing on that server for a bit after.

Personally I suspect they will, and will at least give them a few months (which would add up to about a three year lifetime for the server in total). But for all we know they could end it right at that moment, or they could go another year: we'll just have to wait to find out.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Classic - 404 days
Kunark - 225 days
Velious - 364 days

That's the original timeline
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Orc

I say green should fart out onto red after the wipe with 1 item loot like on rallos zek back in the day, until a certain played time has passed.

Like a lamb being shoved into a hungry pack of wolves

Reminds me of a dog ripping apart a carebear stuffed animal
Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

What pvp teams would you like to see for first iteration of green? And what ruleset?

I like deity based like SZ, without the "no rules" part of SZ. Item loot could be good.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:19 AM
Large Rat

Default almost heaven

Almost heaven, West Karana
RatheTear Mountains, Xp by the sliver.
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, made by deities
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
West Karana, down in lguk
Take me home, P99
Such good memories gather round her
Phinnie's Kedge Keep, underneath the water
Armor's Rusty, till the Plane of Sky
Mistythicket moonshine, teardrop in my eye
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
I need a port, my guildies they did call me
This post reminds me of my home far away
And driving down the road I get a feeling
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
Take me home, to the first torch
Take me home, P99
Old 07-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribinTheScribe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost heaven, West Karana
RatheTear Mountains, Xp by the sliver.
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, made by deities
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
Such good memories gather round her
Phinnie's Kedge Keep, underneath the water
Armor's Rusty, till the Plane of Sky
Mistythicket moonshine, teardrop in my eye
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
I need a port, my guildies they did call me
This post reminds me of my home far away
And driving down the road I get a feeling
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
P99, take me home
To the place I belong
Take me home, P99
Take me home, to the first torch
Take me home, P99
Where's the Youtube video so I can obnoxiously play it during raids? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread