Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epidemic joining Apex during the Apex vs Ragnarok wars and thinking I was going to be joining forces with at least a handful of good pvpers. I quickly came to the realization that 95% of the guild were playing red only to have a higher chance of farming end game content uncontested. I've always liked playing as the underdog but joining that guild was the sole reason I lost respect for the "zerg" and people like Tune I had been playing against for years. From day one I was thrown into being MA in pvp and we won a handful of fights early on over small Velious targets like Statue and meaningless skirmishes that were not mob related. I was given access to Cyrens ranger Dory in order to stay alive longer due to the fact I was primary target in PVP and without myself or other Epidemic members the fights were embarrassing. Biggest mistake of my EQ career and it was all thanks to the "Virtuoso". Thanks Tune.
i had a blast in epidemic and if they really launched a new red i would neckbeard hard with you guys again
Old 11-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's your biggest mistake/regret? Ooof, i dont know, you had some big ones. If joining the zerg for a couple of months after 7 years on a dead server is your biggest regret you have a pretty clean conscience.

I don't know Tune at all, never spoken to him in 10 years of playing on the same server as him. I don't prefer his play style or his attitude but everyone that guilds w/ him seems to think pretty highly of him.

You must have a pretty low opinion of Tune if after a decade of back-stabbing your own guilds the biggest mistake was playing with Tune for a few weeks.

He just wanted to look cool by joining this pile on Tune.

Tune was in fact a super helpful member of the red community, he was very good at taking total EQ newbies under his wing and helping them get started too. The people who go out of their way to help others are who I always respected on this server.

Most of the trash posting these days were the self serving vain-glorious types who killed the server.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

I love the flood of text on this thing cause no way am I reading that much about your eq opinion.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked when, on his first character, Fallen, Big Frank no-lifed 18 hour days for 2 weeks and got to the mid 30s ahead of the pack. Fell asleep at keyboard with his cleric bound outside of Unrest. The powerful Sojourner/Danth/Epas trained Bilge Farfathom on the zone line and snared it.

Fallen deleveled from high 30s down to 30. Big Frank made a cry post appealing to Paymelinda for a level restore. Big Frank claimed, at the time, that the reason he fell asleep was a 'medical condition.'

Paymelinda relented and awarded Big Frank half of the levels back, i'm sure they worked out some form of marshmallow_for_levels deal.
Appreciate the honest truth Lewis. Nice to know where I stand in your heart.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Banned

My sides @ that Mingo post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:22 AM
Skeleton

Default fronkowski

Tune always seemed like a reasonable guy to me, took me into Apex after the rebellion was in shambles, I came as a package deal with Bestow that fell through, well he let me stay and I appreciate that, had a good time slayin some dragons with him. Not sure why everyone hates on Frank but I didnt play on classic/kunark/early velious.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 AM
Banned

telling tune where colgate andis and lite where when trak teeth where fucked up was my funnest adventures.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate the honest truth Lewis. Nice to know where I stand in your heart.
Whoa, whoa, put down the gun. Throwing a well deserved needle does not define how i perceive the powerful Takyn wholly. Our best adventure was on a Devnoob box. I think that your strengths are best realized on a fast paced short-season PVP based server.

I would definitely kill nerds with you in the future and not begrudge your disloyal history. It's ElfQuest, pal, we all make consolations to play with each other. I'm far from innocent myself, i've held grudges and berged hard with the best of em.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He just wanted to look cool by joining this pile on Tune.

Tune was in fact a super helpful member of the red community, he was very good at taking total EQ newbies under his wing and helping them get started too. The people who go out of their way to help others are who I always respected on this server.

Most of the trash posting these days were the self serving vain-glorious types who killed the server.
He's also a notorious cheater not sure how/why you're trying to whitewash that.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's also a notorious cheater not sure how/why you're trying to whitewash that.
yea but tbh the good he did FAR outweighed the massive RMT ring he helped run

edit: red would be dead if nihilum didn't pull blubies in to red to RMT them a full set of gear giving us people to kill WAY earlyer than it did.
Closed Thread