Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-25-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Default artificial difficulty to emulate classic

This is a topic I've talked of before but I think should be taken more serious. This is not a topic about random number generation.

Project 1999 has non classic code in place to emulate the random difficulty of classic.
Proof of this is years of Roots, Charms, spells that resist repeatedly and other spells. Barring raid mobs and mobs post level 60.

Every so often this non classic code on p99 is triggered. The spells of proof.
Roots break back to back after every server tick.
Charms break back to back after every server tick.
Direct spells seem to get resisted upon every successful cast.

I have 10 years on P99, 7 seriously active. This non-disclosed code is highly apparent to not only myself but many other's who play P99.

I really do not want to have to record every incident of this. And dig through my logs with years of proof. Nilbog knows this code is in place as I'm sure haynar and the other developers do as well.

Please remove this non classic code that artificial increases the difficulty of the game in an attempt to emulate classic everquest.

This is not a rant nor a flame. This is a bug report of non classic code.
Thank you for your time. I hope the staff don't see this as some form of trolling or offtopic because it's not. I'm sincere in this post.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a topic I've talked of before but I think should be taken more serious. This is not a topic about random number generation.

Project 1999 has non classic code in place to emulate the random difficulty of classic.
Proof of this is years of Roots, Charms, spells that resist repeatedly and other spells. Barring raid mobs and mobs post level 60.

Every so often this non classic code on p99 is triggered. The spells of proof.
Roots break back to back after every server tick.
Charms break back to back after every server tick.
Direct spells seem to get resisted upon every successful cast.

I have 10 years on P99, 7 seriously active. This non-disclosed code is highly apparent to not only myself but many other's who play P99.

I really do not want to have to record every incident of this. And dig through my logs with years of proof. Nilbog knows this code is in place as I'm sure haynar and the other developers do as well.

Please remove this non classic code that artificial increases the difficulty of the game in an attempt to emulate classic everquest.

This is not a rant nor a flame. This is a bug report of non classic code.
Thank you for your time. I hope the staff don't see this as some form of trolling or offtopic because it's not. I'm sincere in this post.
I have just played 1 year. But I know what you mean. About once in a timeperiod about 20 +-10mins or so you get back to back charm breaks/root fails that happens often for a timespan of 1 minute or so. After that its back to normal.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Yes I want to clarify that this is something that's on and off.
It seems random but it's on for about 5-15 mins then off for about a couple hours. I have not determined an actual way to figure out when this code is activated.

So players will have occasional resist but normal gameplay for the most part. Then this code triggers and the artificial difficulty cranks up for a span of time.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-25-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Old 11-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

When (as a chanter) charming a mob for a significant amount of time, I refer to this behavior as the "teenage years"; it happens only after you've had the mob charmed for at least 20 minutes and lasts for 5-8 minutes. Then things are back to normal for a good hour or so.

When playing a bard and slowly kiting down a (high dark blue or white con) mob that's got a ton of hitpoints, at around the 55% health mark, and again at around the 35% health mark, it will resist everything for a good 10-20 seconds. (My theory is a hidden 'enrage' mechanic the mobs have that triggers)

When fighting a dark blue con single, it will land very few attacks. If a green con mob adds, even an orc pawn, the dark blue con will all of a sudden start landing almost every hit for full damage.

When fighting a dark blue con, and it gets down to about 30% life, if you are close to 100% life yourself the rest of the fight is easy and it turns to run (when appropriate), but if you are closer to 40% life yourself, and the mob "thinks" it can win, it will start to land a lot more hits and is likely not to turn to run until 3% hp is left.

good times,

Astuce