Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

If I spend at least an hour+ on EQ im gaurenteed to eventually zone crash, it gets stuck at loading screen or stuck at LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... being said as my last chat and UI screen. I did realize running in alt+tab window mode that im likely to crash more often, so I usually alt+enter prior to zoning then do again afterwards. I installed eqnice or whatever program it was a friend recommended to me, the 1 that's been around awhile but I couldn't findout how to run it as administrator. Uninstalled it since if I don't run as administrator my UI / hotkeys / spells / everything gets erased [Issue since pro99 released].

-Andain
Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Kobold

One thing I notice is when i crash on zoning (60% of the time), my mouse doesn't lock up like it should. I can still use my mouse even though everything else is zoning.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Skeleton

Maybe try ctrl+alt+delete bring up task manager go to Processes tab and find eqgame.exe right click it and set affinity; a box will pop up untick all the checks and select CPU 0 only or CPU 1 only. It will not hurt anything to try selecting diff CPU cores. This has worked so far for me and I believe it is b/c I have an i7 processor with 8 threads and the game only supports 1 thread. Also I did not use to do this fix I played fine for a month then after a recent patch it started to cause me to crash.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe try ctrl+alt+delete bring up task manager go to Processes tab and find eqgame.exe right click it and set affinity; a box will pop up untick all the checks and select CPU 0 only or CPU 1 only. It will not hurt anything to try selecting diff CPU cores. This has worked so far for me and I believe it is b/c I have an i7 processor with 8 threads and the game only supports 1 thread. Also I did not use to do this fix I played fine for a month then after a recent patch it started to cause me to crash.
Trying this.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Hasn't happened to me for a while now but I've noticed that it seems to occur rather frequently when I port people (they drop).

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Skeleton

Bah my fix I mentioned kinda works, but you have to enable it everytime you launch the game which is a pain in the butt. Also not 100% sure it works it may just help.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Kobold

I've only been playing a few weeks but all of the sudden I am locking up zoning. Miuse moves like the other guy said.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Aviak

I had that same problem too for quite some time. When I'm gong to play EQ, I go into my command prompt and disable all but core 1 to play and it's not happened since.

Just FYI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Skeleton

I figured out how to fix this finally, for me at least! So what I did was right clicked my custom shortcut to launch p1999 and went to properties, Compatibility tab, then Check box run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2), I also check the box Run this program as Administrator. I hope this works for you. If you do not have a custom short cut browse to your game directory and find eqgame.exe and right click and find send to -> desktp create shortcut. Make sure to right click the new shortcut and add the word patchme to the target line under the shortcut tab at the end of the quotes for me it looks like this
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Then do the above to that shortcut and no more crashes! Also it loads a lot faster now. Hope this finally helps everyone. I also believe running in XP compatibility mode makes the game run on 1 core and thus solves the crashing issues, also you only have to apply this once and your good to go unless you reformat your PC or re install the game.
Last edited by Aeronos; 11-10-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Old 11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Kobold

What is the command prompt command to tell my quad core to use one?