Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Returning to P1999, Wanna Start New

So I last played on Project 1999 probably about a year or so ago. The highest level character I had was an 18 high elf paladin.

I wanna come back and I wanna start anew. I'm really bad at making characters. I can spend literally hours creating and deleting characters. Any suggestions what a newb should play? My favorite role in an mmo has always been healing.

Lastly I had a concern about grouping. I remember for me it was hard to find groups and that's kind of why I stopped playing. Any advice on how / where to find groups for the first few zones? What should I be doing when I can't find a group?
Old 08-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Ogre Shaman
Old 08-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

My suggestion, 1 thru 5, forget about grouping. There is nothing in the newbie yards that cannot be soloed by any class and you won't have to share the loot. By the time you are level 5 you should have a full set of cloth and enough money to buy your level 8/9 spells and even a few baking and smithing skill points from sharpening rusty weapons and making rat/wolf/bear meat sandwiches.

Then you can venture further from home and start looking for groups. Crushbone, EC, Qeynos Hills, Steamfont, Butcherblock, GFay, Nektulos, FoB all are great places for grouping from 5 - 12 or so.

After that its pretty much up to you. If you are a good healer you will always be welcome in groups.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Tips for grouping early on is:

1. Find where the groups are, throw on LFG tags and ask
2. If no bites, and everything seems full, be polite and ask who the group leader is and request being added to the "list". Don't be discouraged, newbie groups churn quickly, don't have too strict of class req's so you can usually get called in fast.
3. If a camp is open, don't be afraid to start gathering people yourself and claim one. Again, newbie camps don't require too strict of class roles, so just about anybody will due, and the group will fill up fast.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Tip, don't delete any characters you create. You can have endless accounts on here. I have 24 toons, and in the early days I deleted ones that were up to say 15, 17ish. Regret the heck out that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Make new accounts, they are free. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Banned

What's your toons name? I ended up making a halfling druid. Maybe we could get some lowbie xp going sometime?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Large Bat

My name is Laij lvl 5 RNG at present and my brother is named Balakay lvl 4 magician and my RL friend is draxiss lvl 6 shadowknight. Feel free to add us and send us tells we would definitely group with you. Healers always welcome.

I think the most fun healers (from what I have observed never played them) are druid and shaman.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you can venture further from home and start looking for groups. Crushbone, EC, Qeynos Hills, Steamfont, Butcherblock, GFay, Nektulos, FoB all are great places for grouping from 5 - 12 or so.

After that its pretty much up to you. If you are a good healer you will always be welcome in groups.
Appreciate the inclusion of my DE friends homeland but grouping is nearly non-existent at those levels, at least 5-8 thus far in recent months. The pyramid is quickly overrun by mummy spawns and many players prefer to solo the smaller undead spawn locs. Most replies I got inquiring about other routes avail came back as, solo to 10.

my best experiences in the past with leveling new toons was regardless of race/class get to 5 then make your way towards Crushbone and get a bind. DE's have some KOS issues returning home with Warrior guild but those goobers are easy enough to sneak around and go about your business, unless you're DE warrior hehe. The level progression flow and ease of access to progressively stronger camps makes the time it takes sneak, die, sneak, wait for boats, etc an investment. cuts days off your time. Although for pure rp reasons on this go around I'm not taking my own advice and trudging through the quagmire that is nek forest. Brad once replied to the DE's difficult starting position as "their racial penalty" ^_-

`
Old 08-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Come red, so you don't have to wait in lines to get a camp/group or kill.
Closed Thread