Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrooting the dragons will be an absolute disaster. All those of you who think you're in the inner circle may be surprised to find out that it's easier to share with less people. The same 12-20 people will fte all of the dragons within seconds providing no opportunities for people to even learn how to compete against them. Even on quakes the tov dragons will be pulled and dead so quickly that the same force will then be able to contest everything in kunark as well. It's a different game entirely, and one that just won't include most of us.

The problem with training in tov could easily be resolved by the staff through the existing rules if they wanted to do it. They don't and I'm not sure what that says about the staff other than they disagree or don't understand the effects their rule changes have had on the raid environment. Today's disaster of the meta in rooted dragons is not an inevitable outcome it's a consequence of allowing detoxx and furor to train whomever they want because they were on the tracks. I've watch them get every benefit of the doubt to absurdity while nobody else is afforded the same consideration.

There are lots of good people in vanquish. I know many of them through their former involvement in kittens. I certainly don't mind there being other options in the world of contesting all the dragons all the time. I never have. Competition at the high end can be a healthy thing for blue server. My issue with Vanquish is their leadership and a subset of their core that's willing to say and do anything to win. They harass our people (including furor), they follow us around in game and out trying to make playing p99 so distasteful we leave. They harass us in tells, ooc, and in say at every opportunity. They are poor winners and poor losers simultaneously. We have watched them train us and seriously set us back on quakes and tell us to get bent. Mock us for trying new things and failing. It's gross, and it has seriously destroyed the community we left on blue server. Shame on everyone for allowing it to happen. Have a merry christmas I guess.
This really is incredibly melodramatic, Spacepope. If you were trained on a quake there is a raid concern channel for a reason. If you are being harassed file a pnp against those people. We kill dragons in ToV and are sometimes grumpy in UN. We aren’t some spawns of satan out to ruin your community. Kittens had a good run with Riot in ToV but for whatever reason that alliance appears to have faltered. Mobs were being trained away long before Vanquish was around. Competing for dragons is incredibly fun and we simply enjoy pushing the mechanics of this game to their limits.

I wish you the best and I also hope you will reach out to me directly if we can help you in any way. It’s great to see more casual guilds like Kittens getting their share during draft weeks, quakes, and occasionally on natural spawns. It seems like you’re getting more loot now in the current meta than you were when riot were top dogs.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

How about some more rules? That should help.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about some more rules? That should help.
The only thing that made blue EQ fun was the lack of rule enforcement. We need to bring back training, tricking people into consent so you could lose their corpse, and everything else. Raid scene would actually be fun if you could train and interfere with mobs like on live.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:59 AM
Banned

Pretty sure a server that allowed KSing would bring back some unique comps and classes to the game.

Raid mobs/named should flat out resist memblur, mez tho. And many giants, planar, draconic mob types should be uncharmable if we want to go the custom route.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

The raid scene should be enforced and made to be exactly like it was in 1999, otherwise not sure why the server exists with no updates.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-30-2021, 02:08 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-30-2021, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This really is incredibly melodramatic, Spacepope. If you were trained on a quake there is a raid concern channel for a reason. If you are being harassed file a pnp against those people. We kill dragons in ToV and are sometimes grumpy in UN. We aren’t some spawns of satan out to ruin your community. Kittens had a good run with Riot in ToV but for whatever reason that alliance appears to have faltered. Mobs were being trained away long before Vanquish was around. Competing for dragons is incredibly fun and we simply enjoy pushing the mechanics of this game to their limits.

I wish you the best and I also hope you will reach out to me directly if we can help you in any way. It’s great to see more casual guilds like Kittens getting their share during draft weeks, quakes, and occasionally on natural spawns. It seems like you’re getting more loot now in the current meta than you were when riot were top dogs.
Kittens has never had any desire to compete for every mob every single week. In the past we have competed against Riot and found it to be quite fun. What's not fun is competing against Vanquish. Why do you imagine that is? As much as you guys go on about competition it looks from my perspective to be a lot more like systematic harassment of everyone else on the server. There is a line somewhere and you are so far over it that its shameful that the server allows it to happen.

Call it melodramatic if you like. To me what this is about is calling a spade a spade. If you want to change then I think that starts with having a little respect for this server and the other people who play here.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you imagine that is? As much as you guys go on about competition it looks from my perspective to be a lot more like systematic harassment of everyone else on the server. There is a line somewhere and you are so far over it that its shameful that the server allows it to happen.
Some specifics would probably help you make your case. If this "harassment" is as pervasive as you make it sound, certainly there are a few examples you could share.

I've been around the server for a long time and I can say without a doubt right now is among the most civil it has ever been between top guilds and the raid scene as a whole. If you think anything going on right now is "systematic harassment", you'd have needed a grief counselor to handle p99 back in classic and kunark eras.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been around the server for a long time and I can say without a doubt right now is among the most civil it has ever been between top guilds and the raid scene as a whole. If you think anything going on right now is "systematic harassment", you'd have needed a grief counselor to handle p99 back in classic and kunark eras.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-30-2021, 09:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Kittens has never had any desire to compete for every mob every single week. In the past we have competed against Riot and found it to be quite fun. What's not fun is competing against Vanquish. Why do you imagine that is? As much as you guys go on about competition it looks from my perspective to be a lot more like systematic harassment of everyone else on the server. There is a line somewhere and you are so far over it that its shameful that the server allows it to happen.

Call it melodramatic if you like. To me what this is about is calling a spade a spade. If you want to change then I think that starts with having a little respect for this server and the other people who play here.
If you get trained you can always address it with me or another officer directly or address it in raid concerns. The fact that there are so few concerns between Vanquish and Kittens tells me that you're either declining to bring issues up or you are overstating your case. I can't think of many situations where we were directly competing against Kittens over the last year and a half. If we are it's generally at Aary or Fesh/Dagarn, maybe at LTK. Certainly when you were with Riot there were a few trains, but those were not one sided issues.

Maybe if you could provide some specifics it would help? Your callout to us in this thread was really vague.