Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-20-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been meleeing a lot.

I buff myself with Skin like Steel, Firefist, Shield of Brambles, Regeneration, Wolf Form, Strength of Stone, and even though my equipment is bad with a lot of empty slots I can easily tank and spank 3 DB brutes at once in WW.

I am using Titans Fist as a weapon which hits for 50 max although I miss a lot.
You're doing it wrong.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Well he’s made 9 levels since starting the thread and sounds like he is having fun so he isn’t going completely wrong.

Any thoughts as to where to go next? Have you considered using your ports to solicit some mana regen buffs before attempting to quad again?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-20-2022, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been meleeing a lot.

I buff myself with Skin like Steel, Firefist, Shield of Brambles, Regeneration, Wolf Form, Strength of Stone, and even though my equipment is bad with a lot of empty slots I can easily tank and spank 3 DB brutes at once in WW.

I am using Titans Fist as a weapon which hits for 50 max although I miss a lot.
Play how you want to play. If you want to melee to 60 then do it.. That's the joy of P99 in 2022.. You can play this game unconventionally if you want. And honestly, you should be...

Make a Gnome Necro
Make a Erudite SK/Pally
Make a Wood Elf Warrior

But play this game how you want to play it. That's the most important thing!
Old 07-20-2022, 03:06 PM
Banned

My druid my choice.

I'm not trying to get to 60 in record time. I'm not competing with anybody. I'm playng for me not you. I want loot and EXP not one or the other. I like to squeeze every last drop of EXP from a zone before leaving and those brutes drop gems and still give XP. How is that wrong?

Druids should be able to melee btw otherwise why would Verant give them wolf form, bramblecoat and firefist? Why have a sword if it's just for show? How can I raise my combat skills if I don't melee?

I know all the cool kids are charming these days but I haven't done a single corpse run yet and I've saved 7000PP. I could go to EC and buy gear but I don't want to pay rip off prices.

I'm not even sure if I'm sticking with Druid yet.

A human SK with a big 2HS is calling me.
Last edited by Elfminster; 07-20-2022 at 03:10 PM..
Old 07-20-2022, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

East Karana until 28-hounds and spiders
then
South Karana to 34
then Gukbottom Ancient croc camp to 40
Old 07-20-2022, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
My druid my choice.

I'm not trying to get to 60 in record time. I'm not competing with anybody. I'm playng for me not you. I want loot and EXP not one or the other. I like to squeeze every last drop of EXP from a zone before leaving and those brutes drop gems and still give XP. How is that wrong?

Druids should be able to melee btw otherwise why would Verant give them wolf form, bramblecoat and firefist? Why have a sword if it's just for show? How can I raise my combat skills if I don't melee?

I know all the cool kids are charming these days but I haven't done a single corpse run yet and I've saved 7000PP. I could go to EC and buy gear but I don't want to pay rip off prices.

I'm not even sure if I'm sticking with Druid yet.

A human SK with a big 2HS is calling me.
Dude, and SK's are a blast.. They might scratch that itch you have to cast spells and melee... Plus provide you with the option to solo, and of course continue your non death streak- with Feign Death.

I think you should answer you calling young knight!
Old 07-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, and SK's are a blast.. They might scratch that itch you have to cast spells and melee... Plus provide you with the option to solo, and of course continue your non death streak- with Feign Death.

I think you should answer you calling young knight!
What do you think of this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Argent_Protector
Old 07-20-2022, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Oh yeah dude. That's a good option!!!! Solid delay there that will let you get some spells and life taps in between swings!
Old 07-23-2022, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
L34 now.

I tried quad kiting Tundra Yeti in DL but my mana pool is too small. I only have 130 WIS.

When playing this Druid I felt like something was missng then I realised I'm not dying. I don't recall ever dying on this character.
Druid was my first character on p99 and I leveled him in rags until about 35. I also didn't have the mana pool to quad at 34. You can snag some relatively cheap gear to bump up your mana pool though. Stuff like moonstone rings, charred guardian shield (or quest testament of veneer), springwood club, zaharn's coronet, stuff like that. Most of a suit of 50-100p wis or raw mana items will be enough to get you quadding if that's what you want to do.

I did most of my leveling from 20-44 in Overthere, first charming tigers/rhinos, then changing to quadding any of the critters except for the rhinos due to their faster run speed.

If you don't want to buy gear, you can often gate to the west common druid rings and tip a 60 druid for potg and then go back to leveling with that sweet sweet mana regen.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quadding is the way to go. Even pretending your a enchanter who can sow and heal, while charming.

But I do suggest staying in the "classic" zones. A level 29-34 mob gives the same amount of XP, without ZEM modifiers, but Kunark and Velious mobs have higher AC/Resists/Hit Points etc. Thus can be slower xp, more resist etc.

South Karana is a great place to quad. Split Paw spires Gnolls/ Aviaks around KFC are great XP.