Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-04-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm should be removed from the game permanently in my opinion.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2023, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrest is bad. Theres barely enough spawns to hold the amount of people that flock there. Might I suggest Sol A instead, which is usually empty of players and full of mobs
This is the problem P99 has had for ages. Everyone's drawn to the same leveling zones when there's other options - its just crap sometimes you have to bring your own group.

Was it worth getting up and running to do the Mistmoore entrance or something else?
Old 09-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Seriously. Get off the EXP highway man. Sooooo many zones to visit. Once you're just grinding to grind, then i think you've lost the passion that makes Classic EQ so incredible.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm should be removed from the game permanently in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 charming is wildly unclassic.

We shouldn't get rid of charming, we should just fix channeling (the fix, with classic evidence, was reported years ago) so that charming is once again risky ... like it was on Live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, no shit it's "not classic". I don't think that was the point of what he was saying.

He's saying it's an overpowered and disruptive ability, which it is. The game would be better off without it.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, no shit it's "not classic". I don't think that was the point of what he was saying.

He's saying it's an overpowered and disruptive ability, which it is. The game would be better off without it.
Everquest without charm isn't Everquest.

Feel free to make a custom EQ Emu without charm. The tools are out there.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I purposefully play with all -cha gear, and I cast resist magic on my charmed pet instead of tash and hand it a set of +MR gear because I want things to be more classic

On initial spell casts I always take a step to get interrupted because channeling not classic

I’m pretty hardcore
Old 09-05-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In other words, recruit players and contest - does anyone think people will switch over it?
Old 09-05-2023, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
In other words, recruit players and contest - does anyone think people will switch over it?
Perhaps some would love it if there were a massive nerf to Enchanters, Necros, Druids and Puppet Strings. But that would be a different game essentially. So I doubt this idea would be that popular. The only way to know for sure is to test it. Just like anything.

Typically when folks want others to not have abilities their characters originally came with it usually is an expression of envy or retaliatory schadenfreude.

My suggestion for those that have an issue with Charm is to roll an Enchanter. Incredibly fun class to play either solo or in group. High risk and high reward.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps some would love it if there were a massive nerf to Enchanters, Necros, Druids and Puppet Strings. But that would be a different game essentially. So I doubt this idea would be that popular. The only way to know for sure is to test it. Just like anything.
The majority of P99 players are casuals who have never read or posted on the forums once and don't give a shit about classic charm or channeling mechanics, IMO

There would definitely be some kind of reaction, many would come to the forums for the first time to have our resident p99 scholars explain to them with archived websites describing the mechanics of what classic was *really* like

I imagine a decent amount might quit. Less people in leveling and noob zones, something we all crave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]