Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

even p99 isnt just like it was in 1999. Things have been altered or left out or competely changed. Is the quilmane spawn like it was 1999?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Sarnak

Fine then, the closest the devs can get it to how it was in 99? none of this "oh egg-shaped pumice shouldn't be in" or spells only doing 2/3rds damage in pvp or any of that junk?

PvP at release was broken as fuck, shouldn't that be the goal of this too?
Last edited by yaaaflow; 03-31-2011 at 01:18 AM..
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

Why do you care. The devs balance p99. Ring of the dead on live was clickable by all but a dev made a comment that that would be to powerful for an item to be on p99 that many didnt have on live
Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Aviak

The entire reason for this thread is to give input on how the server should be, as requested by the devs for our input. Through playing pvp for a while alot of the playerbase knows what's retarded and have suggestions on how vz/tz could have been better.

Give it a rest, I've posted this out of the rant and flame section for specific input on certain issues with pvp and known bugs in game, alot of testing needs to be done to go from AC not working and MR not doing anything on a pvp server, if you think instant cast pumice stones aren't an issue in pvp then you have no place in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine then, the closest the devs can get it to how it was in 99? none of this "oh egg-shaped pumice shouldn't be in" or spells only doing 2/3rds damage in pvp or any of that junk?

PvP at release was broken as fuck, shouldn't that be the goal of this too?
so much of this game was broken in 99, and fixed for reasons. pathing bugs were all removed, and they arent on p99... if u put in pathing bugs from real everquest, ill have an account of 50s in a week. shit, even 60, I knew a pathing bug in chardok and in city of mist that would allow me to cast and melee mobs while standing still and be never be touched.

anyway, I respect your opinion and all from p99 server who have a concern in red99 and want input. but this thread was in off-topic for a reason, not the troll/flame forum.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

-cleric bash
Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'll try and test out some of those issues listed tomorrow. I know fear and charm do not work on other players in a pvp setting on p99. I believe fear does work on players' pets though.

Should be pretty easy to come up with some answers on z-axis stuff, attacking through walls, ranger arrows, and things like that.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:13 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Hit box, how close you need to be to hit smeone or get hit by someone
This was a big issue on TZVZ and made it so you couldn't even hit people running away from you when I played. Don't remember if it was ever fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Did different races have smaller or bigger hit boxes
I have some experience with games and if it was me doing it, I would create a boundry box around the NPC as a guide that extends in each direction until the character was fully enclosed but no farther. This original boundry box would serve as a collision detection marker. Then I would just define the hit box by making it X amount of units past the collision detection box in each direction. So yea, each race would have the same values for hit box, but the hit box would be based off distance from their collision box in an ideal world.

If you just want to input a flat variable based off the distance of the center of the polygon model, I'm sure you could get someone to load macroquest and log on EQ live and figure out what these values should be using distance commands to check using trial and error.

I'm not really sure what macroquest uses as a base point to determine distance though, if it's the actual center of the character or just some random pivot point or some random spot on the characters head.

Quote:
-Rog's degree of angle to land a Back stab
edit: I would use 178degrees max and 160 degrees minimum.

Quote:
-Should pets zone should they not. "pets did not zone with players until the patch July 14th, 2004"
Don't think this is that big of an issue if pets are nerfed down to be their actual HP and attack values during the time period. (no, not original day 1 necro pets that quadded for 100 or whatever). Nobody would play pet casters if they didn't zone.

Quote:
-Should spells require LoS start and finish of cast,
Yes. In the first expansion, melee damage is gimp so I don't think it's that big of a deal if casters have to deal with line of sight as a trade off for much better burst DPS. Once kunark comes out, there are fast casting wizard draughts and faster mage nukes so it's way less of an issue then. If you remove the "melee better in dungeons and casters better outside" dynamic, then it just wouldn't be EQ either.

Quote:
-Should bards ench be able to charm poof mage pets
Mez yes, charm possibly, poof no.

Quote:
-Levitate Z Axis issues
Define hit box based on what I said above and there is no issue. You wouldn't be able to hit infinite Z axis then and that's the way it's supposed to be.

Quote:
-Fear/Charm/Whirl to you hurl are all spells that need looking at.
Are you trying to claim that whirl till you hurl should be a PvP usable spell and people are just supposed to stand there stunned for like 20 seconds straight? I hope you're joking

Quote:
-"There was no difference in paralyzing earth landing on 45 mr as there was on 90mr." MR Scaling
During EQ Classic, Kunark, and Velious on live PvP servers, I don't ever remember being rooted with 100 or more MR. The resist system for this PvP server should be done the same way and if casters aren't good enough, just apply negative resist modifiers to only their damage spells.
Last edited by wehrmacht; 04-08-2011 at 01:41 AM..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Banned

Melee and spell range should apply to all axiis.

If i can't hit you with my sword when you are standing 10 ft away, I should not be able to magically hit you as you do a 15 ft summersault over my head.

If i am standing over the chasm in the Overthere and you are running below me at the base of the cliff, I should not be able to Sunstrike you from 10,000 ft above you.

Not even sure if this is an issue, but it was on Melee's Paradise aka. VZTZ.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Banned

Did any GMs ask you to make this thread?

Again...the sense of entitlement is truly astounding.
Closed Thread