FFA pvp range 1-50 14 13.08%
FFA pvp range +-8 18 16.82%
FFA pvp range +-8 raid zones range 1-50 26 24.30%
Team based +-8 49 45.79%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Good Vs Evil looks neat but i want to pvp over raids, and spawns, and rare mobs which can happen on a good vs evil but you can easily bring a group to Efreeti in solb and find a same team camping it and in those situation and blue sever and a red server do not differ
Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good Vs Evil looks neat but i want to pvp over raids, and spawns, and rare mobs which can happen on a good vs evil but you can easily bring a group to Efreeti in solb and find a same team camping it and in those situation and blue sever and a red server do not differ
If people on the same team are camping the efreeti....that's called grouping...

They have to be on different teams to be "xteaming"....

I have no idea what your post is supposed to mean.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned

Because you are fucking stupid Wehr.

Naez goes Neut, some blues go neut. Both are at efreeti. Naez can only train the other guy out instead of kill him.

Salty goes Evil, Harrison goes evil. Guess we can't pvp each other now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher
group to Efreeti in solb and find a same team camping it and in those situation and blue sever and a red server do not differ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehr
If people on the same team are camping the efreeti....that's called grouping...
Last edited by Salty; 04-02-2011 at 01:54 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Make Rallos Zek circa 1999..... item loot!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Voted for 3rd option, FFA +/- 8 levels. Not because of OMG HERESY BIAS, but because a) I want to kill who I want, not have to group with them, and b) cross-team invul healing will be a problem regardless of how many teams there are.

And if x-team healing is hardcoded out, it's not hard to make an invul character on the other team to train the shit out of them.

FFA ensures that the majority of EQ problems get sorted how they should: by the PvP, bro.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

why do ppl always suck when they create polls here

team based lvl 5-50 range
Old 04-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Kobold

3rd option, knowing the type of people that played on vztz if its 1-50 new players will spend all day getting killed by 50's that have nothing better to do.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted for 3rd option, FFA +/- 8 levels. Not because of OMG HERESY BIAS, but because a) I want to kill who I want, not have to group with them, and b) cross-team invul healing will be a problem regardless of how many teams there are.

And if x-team healing is hardcoded out, it's not hard to make an invul character on the other team to train the shit out of them.

FFA ensures that the majority of EQ problems get sorted how they should: by the PvP, bro.
So disapointed in all the VZTZ voting for +/- 8.

/duel = x-team healing on most servers.

FFA is way more fun and realistic, but because most people won't rise up themselves when they can't just simply join the top guild, teams supports more population.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA is way more fun and realistic.

ya cause we all play EQ cause its so realistic pal
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Banned

Team based 1-50.

I am intimately familiar with the plight of the good team on Sullon Zek. Black Prophecy didn't exist until almost a year into the server. The first big guild was Sect. Then Sect exploded because that wood elf warrior whose name I can't remember and Miloie were ripping everyone off. Then there was a time of only shitty guilds like Northern Lights of Halas and Bringers of Retribution. Then there was Divine Vigilance which was pretty good but... Miloie drama again. Then there was the short-lived Trump, which was arguably the best of the good team guilds. Finally, Black Prophecy emerged under the leadership of Damiax. Everything comes down to two things: not enough clerics and only one warrior, Frosthound. For a while we had another good warrior, Katrina, but during the early days the leadership made it clear that she was never going to get gear so she rerolled to an SK and joined Ruin. She was an awesome PVP partner. Love you, Kat, wherever you are! The cleric and tank problem was insurmountable. Remember that dwarves were neutral, so our paladins were shitty stats combined with no gear. We had no SKs, leaving only a handful of warriors. We literally maxed at three clerics for a long, long time. To top things off, we had no good guild or raid leader until Damiax. I don't even remember who was the supposed leader of Trump, because it was very democratic.

tl;dr The failure of the good team on Sullon Zek had nothing to do with races and everything to do with missing necessary classes and terrible leadership.

That dark vs light thing has me thinking--what if we divided something like this:

Dark:
Troll
Erudite
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Iksar

Light
Ogre
Barbarian
Human
Wood Elf
Half Elf
High Elf
Gnome

That's off the top of my head; I'm trying to figure out a logical way to get rangers on the dark team. I think every other class is available in a decent race to both teams.
Closed Thread