Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Orc

Default What was your favorite in-game music and why?

Grazuls' thread here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8893 inspired me to make this thread. I know this is a complete geek out, but we can all be honest here, right?

My favorite music is played one spot in the entire game. It is by the Inn outside of Freeport in the grassy area of the North Ro zone. I used to plop down by the Inn and med/heal for what felt like hours on end while leveling up my lowbies; listening to the sound of footsteps as guards patrolled the area and the occasional shattering of bones as they destroyed the poor skellies dumb enough to spawn near by. I must have done this for 3 or 4 seperate characters back in the day.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *MAGIC* [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by scecie; 06-16-2010 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Aviak

kelethin, i've never witnessed anything that gives me the feeling of nostalgia like that music. it's almost creepy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=atHxsHPt7Fc
Old 06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

scecie;

My favorite tune is that exact same one. I learned it on the guitar after a while. I also loved the GFay track.

I contacted Jay Barbeau too just to let him know that his music rocks. I read your other post in the thread about the original EQ music and I too have listened to the tracks outside of the game... even while working!

Good memories.
See you in the game!
P99 powah!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Kelethin.

The day I stumbled across that magical city in the trees, entirely by accident I might add, will never leave my memory. I was also a young player, which made everything a seem a little more magical and a lot more impressive.

That was 1999/2000, and the reason why I'm here today.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Kobold

I found it really funny the paint company Valspar ripped off Kelethins music for one of their commercials... I heard this and it's actually what got me looking into EQ again a while back.

Here is the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpZuKVdrQL8
Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's so hard to choose, but I would have to say the North Karana bridge music. I'm not sure that that was the original intention for the music - it might have been for Dagnor's Cauldron or some such.

In any case, I was on my first character, a barbarian who spent most of his time in Blackburrow and never ventured much past Qeynos. My friend had just gotten the game and rolled a wood elf. I stocked up and planned to make the trip from Halas all the way to the other side of the world. I was going through the karanas and had gotten lost - all I had to go on was maps printed out from eqatlas. Having already had the horror of falling down the trap door in Blackburrow, I couldn't imagine dying way out in the Karanas. It was raining so I couldn't see much at all due to the fog so I was just trying to follow the road. After a while, the rain clears up, that ominous music starts playing and I see this giant epic wooden bridge leading me on to where I was headed, both the sight and the music seemingly warning me of the dangerous journey that I had barely even started as I approached what I only knew from a map as Highpass. Easily one of the top moments in my gaming history.

Also, that cottage music in North Ro is definitely an awesome and memorable song. My friend and I were doing a trip from Kelethin to Oasis as we had gotten too high for Crushbone (this is on P99, like, 2 days ago lol). He's got me on follow as we're going thru North Ro and I just stop and I'm like... man, I have to just listen to this music for a minute, wow. So good.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Loading music and theme. It was always so epic.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Plane of time!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

bard's guild in queynos or freeport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Boat theme for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSNXH5nBRU0

Kind of a quiet video, but it's my fave!
Closed Thread