Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkhis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have also been leveling an erudite SK and spent initially about 1k on gear in the tunnel and then farmed a noct blade and atrimentous shield for her. I can honestly say that this has been the most fun class to play and I have alts of every class.

My journey so far consisted of 1-24 in the warrens, super easy maybe died 2x all together and banked all my money. At 24 I mad the trek to HHK and did goblins until 30 and then guards until 40. I made 4k off ear sales and FS weapons, could vendor to erudite in there and fd bank. I farmed a levi cloak and am still saving for jboots.

I then went to Sol A and did gnomes and clockworks to 44, just roaming down the tunnels killing. I have had no issues with regen as My mana replenishes very fast and I BW to 505 and then lifetap off greens to max so not much downtime despite no regen.

I chose erudite as I never played in warrens on live nor had an erudite. I wasn't worried about min maxing with my gear I have 181 str and close to 200 sta. I have moved into SolB to kill kobolds now and am anticipating moving to Kelethin or Rivervale at some point to murder guards again and get jboots.

Any other hunting spot tips gladly accepted[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a magelo? I'm curious to see the ~5k of gear or so that you're approaching 200 sta on an erudite, thats pretty good.

Either way I have a Erudite Pally that has been one of my most favorite leveling experiences as well, and by far the best FQ. Pretty much every zone on Odus is just fun to level in.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a sword of pain and someone to make you steelsilk CT for godmode FQ and you’re set until thurg gear although as an SK can prob last ya until SS/Kael.
Is sword of pain a tough item to get or does it rot often? Could I a run a low lvl sk there and buy loot right?
Old 10-30-2018, 04:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is sword of pain a tough item to get or does it rot often? Could I a run a low lvl sk there and buy loot right?
I actually got mine on my main a week ago or so, but I'd advise against it. I know alot of people got their swords of pain by just waltzing in there on a low lvl SK to loot in the olden days but it doesn't drop nearly as often anymore (people dont farm that part of velks as much). I've heard about SKs who just have their char sit in Velks for long periods of timewithout seeing any drop so it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Get 50+ and go with a group and get one urself! Until then just get a mace of shadowed soul, its basically the same thing anyway
Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a magelo? I'm curious to see the ~5k of gear or so that you're approaching 200 sta on an erudite, thats pretty good.
Probably crustacean gear. Piles of str and sta.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably crustacean gear. Piles of str and sta.
Probably, crusty is butt ugly but really cheap for the ac/sta and str...

Edit: it's so ugly that is defeat the whole erudite purpose... He might get nicer things later
Old 10-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Yes don't have a magelo yet, I'm going to set one up when I have chance. It's a bunch of crusty gear, a few pieces of thurg armor and Treeweave which makes her look like she has a bikini top on along with atre shield and Noct blade.

I'm swapping out crusty for thurg and finding the extra AC mitigates much better than the stamina though at least as far as healers are telling me.
Last edited by tarkhis; 10-30-2018 at 09:13 AM..
Old 10-31-2018, 11:07 AM
Orc

Hey, Team,

OP checking back in here. Since a couple people wanted to get an update on my progress and experience I’ll go point by point and catch you up.

Now I’m level 30 (with Feign Death!!!) and have much better think gear. I’ve been having a blast, mostly getting PLed by my Druid buddies. For leveling I did:

1-12 in the Warrens

12-22 in Unrest

22-25 in Stonebrunt

25-30 in Sol A

Regarding my initial points:

1) Vanity - Yes. Absolutely. I am so proud of this character for the way I LOOK. I’m excited to try on every new item and weapon just to see how bad ass and lore-tastic I appear. Still very glad I went Erudite over Iksar in this regard.

2) Lore - I’ve never leveled an Erudite. Growing up in the Warrens and in Stonebrunt was totally worth the new experience. The Erudite SK - only items there are really fun and flavorful. I’ve done Field of Bone lots of times, so happy to not be there again.

3) Armor - so many cheap and interesting twink options that look badass too. The armor is way worth it.

4) Access to cities - Odus is a great continent in general, so the starting city of Paineel is great. Its surrounded by awesome leveling zones throughout the entire range. I’m excited to EXP in the hole because its literally next door.

But beyond that, most NPC’s I’ve encountered are dubious or better. While they may not sell to me, the fact that I can walk into Neriak, Ogguk, Erudin, and I think Freeport, and not get jumped is amazing. And I can invis/FD past any problem NPCs.

5) Intelligence - Having high INT makes up for some amount of having relatively poor regen. I can bandage and lifetap up to fighting shape pretty quickly. I can’t lie, there is a certain amount of downtime when soloing. But I don’t do a lot of it, and when I do I try to fear kite. Then the extra INT really counts. However I do wonder how much faster it would go as an Ikky (but probably evens out since I don’t have a racial EXP penalty.

I will update my Magelo next time I log in. I can’t remember what I’m currently using, (but I did get some Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, a Noct Blade, and Sarnak Battle Shield.

Let me know what you think!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Never in all of my eq career played a erudite.
Decided to make a erudite sk. I've never lvled in odus so pretty excited. The warrens looks like fun
Old 11-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Update:

made it to level 47 and am now factioning in WL and fear kiting giants and panthers near Kael. I did get a sword of pain pretty easily, seems to be a group doing the dogs in there every night lately. I'm looking to get some more plate drops for Thurg now that I finally got my faction up and then might see about getting a steady hole group or something so I can return to Paineel.

I tried Felwithe guards but my SK DPS or lack thereof can't keep up with their stupid pally heals.

Any other recommendations at 47 are welcomed.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkhis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update:

made it to level 47 and am now factioning in WL and fear kiting giants and panthers near Kael. I did get a sword of pain pretty easily, seems to be a group doing the dogs in there every night lately. I'm looking to get some more plate drops for Thurg now that I finally got my faction up and then might see about getting a steady hole group or something so I can return to Paineel.

I tried Felwithe guards but my SK DPS or lack thereof can't keep up with their stupid pally heals.

Any other recommendations at 47 are welcomed.
Grobb guards. Pull to zone-in and reverse kite pathers first (Sutok, Avisk). Statics after that. There are about 5 spawns near the zone line that are blue until 54.

If you're evil you can sell to the vendors. If good you can always drop-transfer a couple bags of swords at a time to a lvl 1 troll. It's a pain in the ass but at 12p a kill worth the trouble.
Closed Thread