Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
runlvlzero ->
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow me to glory Nirgon you know you want too! <Kittens who Sparkle> could use an apothecary such as you!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Banned

Old 11-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Location: Smokinn bluntz in FV with a bard trippin on some man spider beasts

To continue this silly discussion:

Right, that's why i said it, because i typically hate when people argue semantics, seems pointless and it's basically just a waste of time; it's like being an anal-retentive person, kind of like (most) everyone in this little chat, myself included unfortunately.

To further continue this silly discussion:

Haha, yea when I edit/spchk my writings I will sometimes forget to alter the sentence in its entirety; I'll restructure/change/edit sentences, starting from the back.. at first the sentence was "I think you're confused because.." and when I changed the sentence forgot to change to your.

But no, "you're" still wrong.

Lol. So by your definition, if someone doesn't agree with someone else's opinion, the opinion is wrong?

So, when two people have the same opinion of something, that can be called "sharing an opinion".

If someone, like you said, is just PROCLAIMING things, i.e "Women in red are sexy", they aren't stating it as an opinion. They're just stating things as "facts". That's not in the realm of what an opinion is.

People (idiots) do this all the time. They believe that everyone should believe and think that their opinion is an ultimate truth. When in reality, opinions are personal.

And duh, haven't you heard this incredibly famous quote: "opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one, and they all stink." Now, in the litteral world, how can ones "asshole" be "wrong"? ;-)

You're comparing two different things. Ok , I'm not going to try to explain this anymore , sigh. I agree to disagree with you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm gonna go play everquest. I better stay away from crushbone though, or places of the like; you know? The zones that attract the fungi queefers, have a feeling the forum questers are starting to get booty-tickled.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by onarrot4000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol. So by your definition, if someone doesn't agree with someone else's opinion, the opinion is wrong?
No, not necessarily ^^ And it isn't by my definition. I don't have one ^^ In the example that I gave, the argument is simply false because without specifics it asserts a universal truth. That is why it only takes a single dissenter to render the conclusion false.

Now, as I said, if you amend the argument with "I think..." or "... to me." And you are not lieing about your preferences, then the statement is true.

Logic ^^
Old 11-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by onarrot4000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To continue this silly discussion:

Right, that's why i said it, because i typically hate when people argue semantics, seems pointless and it's basically just a waste of time; it's like being an anal-retentive person, kind of like (most) everyone in this little chat, myself included unfortunately.

To further continue this silly discussion:

Haha, yea when I edit/spchk my writings I will sometimes forget to alter the sentence in its entirety; I'll restructure/change/edit sentences, starting from the back.. at first the sentence was "I think you're confused because.." and when I changed the sentence forgot to change to your.

But no, "you're" still wrong.

So, when two people have the same opinion of something, that can be called "sharing an opinion".

If someone, like you said, is just PROCLAIMING things, i.e "Women in red are sexy", they aren't stating it as an opinion. They're just stating things as "facts". That's not in the realm of what an opinion is.

People (idiots) do this all the time. They believe that everyone should believe and think that their opinion is an ultimate truth. When in reality, opinions are personal.

And duh, haven't you heard this incredibly famous quote: "opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one, and they all stink." Now, in the litteral world, how can ones "asshole" be "wrong"? ;-)

You're comparing two different things. Ok , I'm not going to try to explain this anymore , sigh. I agree to disagree with you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm gonna go play everquest. I better stay away from crushbone though, or places of the like; you know? The zones that attract the fungi queefers, have a feeling the forum questers are starting to get booty-tickled.
Read the whole thing and was like woah why they put that there when it doesn't fit yikes...
Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Seriously, what fucking forums aren't toxic?
Old 11-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Aviak

Location: Smokinn bluntz in FV with a bard trippin on some man spider beasts

Ohhhh, you're agreeing with me! Sheesh, and I thought we were having an arguement; silly me!

Opinions are subjective by nature. That's exactlywhy they cannot be "wrong".

Look up the definition of subjectivity for Pete's sake!

Sheesh, I apologize and thank you simultaneously, because I was arguing with you over nothing, and you just helped me to explain exactlywhy an opinion cannot be "wrong".
Closed Thread