Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Location: Smokinn bluntz in FV with a bard trippin on some man spider beasts

Haha. Looked through the wiki, saw "adoption" as a tradeskill!

This game looks super in-depth and awesome.

I read all of the classes , and they look very fun. Id be a witch class
Old 04-26-2016, 05:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The vooduist subclass is a great class that has all the tools to kite and has nice potential for great dot damage, also brings some rain type nukes and has a unique crafting bag to make hex totems and scrying orbs and stuff, its a really good and fun class.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:43 AM
Banned

This sounds super freakin cool man. I'm not AT ALL worried about 2-3 boxing like so many people seem to be. My biggest concern is lack of people to play with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I'm definitely leaning towards giving this a shot. This is similar to something me and my friends have talked about for years but never had the skills to do it ourselves.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerjz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A single file download link was posted earlier in this thread

www.tinyurl.com/getsanctuary
So I downloaded from this link and ran SanctuaryLauncher.exe and it's telling me "Failed to update file eqgame.exe" and clicking start game or skip updating does nothing. Tried running as admin tried rebooting PC twice. Closed everything I had running in background including antivirus just in case. So far no dice. Running Win7 if that matters.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I downloaded from this link and ran SanctuaryLauncher.exe and it's telling me "Failed to update file eqgame.exe" and clicking start game or skip updating does nothing. Tried running as admin tried rebooting PC twice. Closed everything I had running in background including antivirus just in case. So far no dice. Running Win7 if that matters.
This typically happens if you don't have the launcher inside the base RoF2 directory, or are using a client other than RoF2
Old 04-28-2016, 04:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerjz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This typically happens if you don't have the launcher inside the base RoF2 directory, or are using a client other than RoF2
After ANOTHER reboot I got past that message. Then I had an error involving dinput8.dll so I rebooted again. Now I'm seeing "Client is up to date" but clicking start game does nothing and the launcher stops responding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Something to note. On playsanctuary.com when you click Play Now and Download Launcher it downloads Sanctuary.exe and not SanctuaryLauncher.exe not sure why that's the case. I'm using the SanctuaryLauncher.exe that was included in the download link from Rukkerz. But I also added Sanctuary.exe to the directory. Perhaps that's the issue?
Last edited by jcr4990; 04-28-2016 at 04:39 AM..
Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Too bad you can't get the license from daybreak and release it onto steam....you could actually sell it if it is an entire redone game.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Hey pal, I set mine up manually. It's more of a PITA, but works.

Google EQ ROF2 Download. Click on the EZServer wiki link. Not going to link it because I'm pretty sure thats against forum rules?

Download the 10 files off the tinyurl link. Unzip all 10 files into 1 folder. Download the Sanctuary patch from the main page. Also place the patcher in the folder.

Launch patcher/create shortcut. Run it every time you want to play (after you patch you can hit skip patch button for future loads.)

I have my client DL'd but not much time atm to try it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2016, 05:40 AM
Fire Giant

Side note: i just opened my Sanctuary folder and saw I have a dinput8.dll file inside the directory. It sounds to me like your antivirus is removing the .dll file as it's reading it as harmful.

See if you can restore the file from your antivirus' quarantine. If not, if you PM me within the next few hours I can find out a way to send it to you.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Yeah I'll def take a look at it when I find the time in the near future. I would suggest making sure the new art assets be a little more in line with the texture quality of the overall zone without being more higher def then for example post-SoL.
Closed Thread