Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye that social aggro mechanic is just too good, I use it for everything basically now. Devolopped that social pull technique with 2 roots like 5 mins before the actually fraps. Other idea I had before we more randoms.
Can you elaborate? I didn't really understand what happened with the pull.

Regardless, congrats! That's quite impressive.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you elaborate? I didn't really understand what happened with the pull.
fugger parks the frog he wanted to use as pet in a room away from its spawn point, then parked another frog in the way of the pet's return path to its spawn. he then blurs his intended pet to clear its direct aggro (cons indiff) so that when it returns to its spawn point (root breaks), it picks up social aggro on fugger from the rooted mob (cons threateningly).

this allows the pet to run whatever crazy path it did to fugger without bringing the entire zone down on him, because mobs won't social aggro a social aggro until they see it being directly aggro'd itself.

and then fugger snare parks the pet (burlap yarn) and camps off the aggro on the mob he used to social his pet (based on run time of pet to trak area, fugger had maybe 60 seconds of breathing room left at campout before the frog he used to social would've ended this video early).

a lot of people focus on the accomplishment of the kill itself in these solo videos (and rightfully so), but the setup/pulls are equally as impressive to me. keep it up!
Last edited by Jomar; 05-19-2021 at 06:19 AM..
Old 05-19-2021, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Turn Auto duck off, that's gonna get you killed one day
Old 05-19-2021, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Damnit this is cool. Nicely done!!
Old 05-20-2021, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lot of people focus on the accomplishment of the kill itself in these solo videos (and rightfully so), but the setup/pulls are equally as impressive to me. keep it up!
This guy knows whats going on in the fraps. I also believe the setup/pulls are much more interesting than the kill itself. Hard to make EQ exciting sadly. CH and hope you dont get to many pet breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn Auto duck off, that's gonna get you killed one day
Its been adressed, a friend of mine also made fun of me cause of that. But I also had to do a fresh install not too long ago and I had never turned off auto duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damnit this is cool. Nicely done!!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 05-23-2021, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

beast mode. love watching these solo kills
Old 06-13-2021, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fugger parks the frog he wanted to use as pet in a room away from its spawn point, then parked another frog in the way of the pet's return path to its spawn. he then blurs his intended pet to clear its direct aggro (cons indiff) so that when it returns to its spawn point (root breaks), it picks up social aggro on fugger from the rooted mob (cons threateningly).

this allows the pet to run whatever crazy path it did to fugger without bringing the entire zone down on him, because mobs won't social aggro a social aggro until they see it being directly aggro'd itself.

and then fugger snare parks the pet (burlap yarn) and camps off the aggro on the mob he used to social his pet (based on run time of pet to trak area, fugger had maybe 60 seconds of breathing room left at campout before the frog he used to social would've ended this video early).

That's quite the impressive technique!
Closed Thread