Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Aviak

Very nice, thank you for doing this!

I seem to recall back on Live, where I played a ranger, that the equations for max / magic hit numbers for BOWS was essentially the same as presented here, except replace STR with DEX.

What I can't remember is if that was true from the beginning or a later change. Do you have any information on whether that is true on P99?
Old 08-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice, thank you for doing this!

I seem to recall back on Live, where I played a ranger, that the equations for max / magic hit numbers for BOWS was essentially the same as presented here, except replace STR with DEX.

What I can't remember is if that was true from the beginning or a later change. Do you have any information on whether that is true on P99?
I'm guessing no one has looked into parsing that because bows aren't a viable source of DPS regardless
Old 08-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Great point, I'd love to see bow parse numbers worked out. How does DEX, STR, bow stats, Trueshot disc, and whatever else affect dps with a bow?
Old 08-13-2021, 12:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,
I am asking the community to help me add to it. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
Hail.

A note for Bards and DEX. In addition to frequency of weapon proc and (allegedly) increasing the rate at which weapon skills increase, DEX also reduces the chances of a Bard's note being 'missed' and ending the song.

This is noted in the Wiki for Bards, where I did a simple 100-song test with and without equipment. As I explained there:

"In a test comparing 100 songs on a 60 bard with 100 base DEX, 7 notes were missed. On geared 167 total DEX, 131 songs before a single note was missed."

Hope this helps.

T
Old 08-13-2021, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

you need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

one of my passion projects over the last few months has been figuring out how combat stats work on P99. Here is the link to my findings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RnF...GyoVWvZTZ/view

I am asking the community to help me add to it. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Cheers!
Old 08-15-2021, 06:56 AM
Kobold

Meat, thank you so much for providing this to the community. I've been wanting a nerd to provide results like this for ages! Looking forward to any future findings, especially AC tests. If Iksar racial AC at 60 (35ac?) is adding upwards of 7%+ mitigation, that's a pretty significant bump and could really challenge the Ogre is best debates.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Hi guys,

one of my passion projects over the last few months has been figuring out how combat stats work on P99. Here is the link to my findings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RnF...GyoVWvZTZ/view

Cheers!
Old 08-15-2021, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Just one comment.
Thank you!
Old 08-16-2021, 02:16 AM
Large Bat

Prolly safe to say CHA is a dead stat as well.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

I just wanted to jump in here and point out that the PDF has a line:

Here is my parse of a cliff golem beating me off

I have so many questions.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Closed Thread