View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I just realized if people are boxing chars on blue and green and everyone gets dumped into blue they wouldn’t be able to play those 2 chars at once. Dur. Well assuming that it’s policed well

I dunno, I bet green 2.0 popularity wanes faster than green 1.0
Exactly. As long as the boxing rules do not become lax, what will happen is people will only be able to play Blue (Merged with Green 1.0 characters), or Green 2.0. I sincerely doubt there are a lot of players who could hold a high intensity camp like Fungi King on two servers simultaneously, so the people who are boxing both Blue and Green 2.0 will be taking lower risk, lower reward camps.

It isn't like the competition for the amazing camps will go up significantly to what they are now, and again it was workable with 1200-1400 unique concurrent players already. Unless we get a huge influx of new players, I doubt Blue would go beyond 1400 unique concurrent users after the Blue/Green merge. The populations would probably be something like 1000 on Blue and 600 on Green 2.0 including the boxers unless Green 2.0 fails.

I agree with you that Green 2.0 release is probably going to be met with less enthusiasm than Green 1.0, since a lot of players will know what to expect with the Green 2.0 release from Green 1.0 experience, unless the Dev's change it up somehow.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you're boxing green and blue you have serious issues.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you that Green 2.0 release is probably going to be met with less enthusiasm than Green 1.0, since a lot of players will know what to expect with the Green 2.0 release from Green 1.0 experience, unless the Dev's change it up somehow.
I missed the Green 1.0 release by 1 month. What was so bad about it. Can't wait for the crowd in the early levels.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're boxing green and blue you have serious issues.

Hope this helps.
i do sometiems when i dont want to get up or post or read posts

its good for a solid 16 hrs not moving
Old 12-02-2021, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i do sometiems when i dont want to get up or post or read posts

its good for a solid 16 hrs not moving
Yea plus one of your chars is a cleric. That sounds like it could get boring if there isn’t some interesting group or guild chatter. Props for being willing to play that
Old 12-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I’m talking about not being able to get high level camps or dungeons due to too many characters tying those up. I guess people might not be able to raid 2 chars at once (maybe they can I never raided on p99, don’t know how much attention it requires), but my entire problem with too many characters at the top end is too few mobs and raid targets to go around
Shamwowi was here for 2000+ populations on P99. So was I. There's a bit of a tradeoff. The leveling game and guild formation scene is much better with a higher populations; with Blue's present population few new guilds are created and the community feels somewhat static. Pick-up groups are much easier to find with a higher population as well, which feeds into the long-term health of the server by making it easier for newer players to level up and build player associations rather than dork around solo'ing until they get bored and quit. The drawback of population is you might not find a specific camp you want open, but Velious is large enough you can nearly always find something worthwhile. There were days during Kunark on P99 that the wife and I would log in and absolutely everything that might've been worth doing for us was taken, but that hasn't happened since Velious launch. It's a good size game world.

Having been here from the start, the old world felt okay at 500 and crowded at near 1000. Kunark felt okay at 1000 and crowded by 1400. Velious feels fine at 1400 and was still okay at 2100+. Long-term, I believe it's healthier for the community to have one 1200+ population server than two ~600 population servers.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 12-02-2021 at 04:30 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamwowi was here for 2000+ populations on P99. So was I. There's a bit of a tradeoff. The leveling game and guild formation scene is much better with a higher populations; with Blue's present population few new guilds are created and the community feels somewhat static. Pick-up groups are much easier to find with a higher population as well, which feeds into the long-term health of the server by making it easier for newer players to level up and build player associations rather than dork around solo'ing until they get bored and quit. The drawback of population is you might not find a specific camp you want open, but Velious is large enough you can nearly always find something worthwhile. There were days during Kunark on P99 that the wife and I would log in and absolutely everything that might've been worth doing for us was taken, but that hasn't happened since Velious launch. It's a good size game world.

Having been here from the start, the old world felt okay at 500 and crowded at near 1000. Kunark felt okay at 1000 and crowded by 1400. Velious feels fine at 1400 and was still okay at 2100+. Long-term, I believe it's healthier for the community to have one 1200+ population server than two ~600 population servers.

Danth
That musta been tough. I might talk a lot on forums but in game I’ve been pretty anti-social. So having lots of people and group opportunities doesn’t appeal much to me, but I understand and accept how it does for the majority of players

I missed the boat on green launch. I didn’t see much competition for mobs/zones leveling up, the only one that frustrated me was splitpaw. There was a period of time where every single outdoor spawn was camped and the inside/entrance up to the double doors was perma-camped. But that was it, otherwise smooth sailing to 50

Then things changed. I haven’t checked that many spots yet but it definitely seems things are getting more crowded. I have yet to be able to get a spiroc camp in TD. Doesn’t matter if I check 8am on a Sunday, or 2am on a Wednesday, that shit is always camped. Usually by a pet class that can just teleport their pet to the top to pull them. I just completely gave up trying

I figured I’d better get used to that because it’s only going to get worse as I go up in level
Old 12-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Depends on how determined you are to find a specific spot. Spirocs are popular but there are other options out there which are virtually always open. A Druid might head over to Velious and quad something like Giants instead for example.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I missed the Green 1.0 release by 1 month. What was so bad about it. Can't wait for the crowd in the early levels.
I wasn't trying to insinuate the Green 1.0 launch was bad. I played it for the first few days during the experience boost period, and I enjoyed it. I was trying to say that the Green 1.0 launch had more excitement around it because nobody knew what to expect, this was P99's first attempt at a new progression server. Now people DO know what to expect, so I feel like there will be less enthusiasm around Green 2.0 unless the Dev's change how the server launches in some cool new way.

The creation of Green 1.0 split the player base, which enabled more players to try raiding who thought that they couldn't before on both servers. This means both Blue and Green have more players with characters that have awesome raid gear.

I think one of the major reasons why so many people went over to Green 1.0 was for a shot at legacy items. I am sure there were a lot of Blue players who had been playing for years, and felt bad for missing the legacy items boat.

The combination of more players with awesome raid gear and more players with legacy items means less people are willing to start over in my estimation, which will be a problem for Green 2.0 unless we get a lot of new players.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one groups on either server any more anyways so I don't care about population numbers. The ones who do, only care so that they have others to impress with their pixel lust
The social aspect of grouping is the only reason I play such an old game anymore. After thousands of hours of playtime in multiple servers since 2000, nothing excites me about raiding or high-end crap. I just play to chill.
Closed Thread