Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect you are correct. I am just growing weary of the current situation. On my own and with randoms I generally follow Mellon' advice. I laugh things off/make a joke out if it. Perhaps the real problem is I don't feel like I can be fully myself around my guild mates because of their tendency to over react. It's not like this is a super common thing. It's just when it happens it gets really awkward. Maybe it is time to find new people to play with more often. Thanks.
Sounds like you have low T. In the last 3 years I can count on a couple of fingers the in game arguments or OOC battles I have been in.

1) I was sneak pulling LCY mobs via the stairwell while camped in Hands because KC had like 60 people XP in the zone and the LCY monk caught me and freaked out

2) I OOC cussed out a Bard who was swarming in CoM and monopolizing the zone

3) Couple of fairly heated Fungi King disputes when 2 groups are racing to claim the camp after a wipe or whatnot. Been on both ends of this one
Old 01-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Oh and while in <Asgard> I would routinely f#ck with Chest because BDA scum lords would always try to come and do HoT at the same time we would.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

/tar eye
Range attack

That’s how you stop BDA from doing hot
Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Surprised nobody has said this yet- the path to greatness in conflict resolution:

-get a job where you can keep RnF open in a tab
-monitor closely for a few months/years and learn the delicate art of shit-talking
-earn your RnF merit badge
-log into p99 and wait for some novice to irritate you so you can humiliate him/her and post screenies for all to share in your emu-alpha status
Old 01-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you have low T. In the last 3 years I can count on a couple of fingers the in game arguments or OOC battles I have been in.

1) I was sneak pulling LCY mobs via the stairwell while camped in Hands because KC had like 60 people XP in the zone and the LCY monk caught me and freaked out

2) I OOC cussed out a Bard who was swarming in CoM and monopolizing the zone

3) Couple of fairly heated Fungi King disputes when 2 groups are racing to claim the camp after a wipe or whatnot. Been on both ends of this one
His main issue isn't himself getting into it with others, he said its his pals that get into petty immature arguments that flow into open chat channels way past the point of what he is comfortable with.

He probably needs to find like-minded players that are more like him tbh. No idea what low T has to do with his situation though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprised nobody has said this yet- the path to greatness in conflict resolution:

-get a job where you can keep RnF open in a tab
-monitor closely for a few months/years and learn the delicate art of shit-talking
-earn your RnF merit badge
-log into p99 and wait for some novice to irritate you so you can humiliate him/her and post screenies for all to share in your emu-alpha status
i don't often reveal the path to greatness except through murky shitposting
Old 01-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Banned

a shaman tried to take my brute camp so i killed them all and logged out
Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His main issue isn't himself getting into it with others, he said its his pals that get into petty immature arguments that flow into open chat channels way past the point of what he is comfortable with.

He probably needs to find like-minded players that are more like him tbh. No idea what low T has to do with his situation though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes perfect sense but unfortunately you’re appplying real life thinking to rants and flames. I’m sure you’ll be called a cuck soon enough but I’d just like to say “I concur” before this spirals into something absurd.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for being real. TBH it is just a game. These are the people that I started playing with soon after joining the server. The are generally good and decent people. It was only these rare occasions that it has been an issue. I don't think they are particularly immature. Given the general discourse on these forums I would say they act very mature comparative to some.

I appreciate the advice. I don't desire to split with them. It was just something weighing on my mind. The situation will eventually arise again where people are not playing nicely. That is the nature of p99. Eventually you will find yourself in areas that have a high chance of douchebaggery. I was simply seeking advice.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for being real. TBH it is just a game. These are the people that I started playing with soon after joining the server. The are generally good and decent people. It was only these rare occasions that it has been an issue. I don't think they are particularly immature. Given the general discourse on these forums I would say they act very mature comparative to some.

I appreciate the advice. I don't desire to split with them. It was just something weighing on my mind. The situation will eventually arise again where people are not playing nicely. That is the nature of p99. Eventually you will find yourself in areas that have a high chance of douchebaggery. I was simply seeking advice.
Yeah, people tend to do as the Romans do, per se. Maybe your pals just think reacting the way they do is what people do here.

I aint saying your pals are bad people either.

Everyone has different tolerances for different things. Doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, people simply can be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread