Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why people want Luclin and PoP here when TAKP is on emu? I've only heard good things about the community there too. Is there a reason why people don't want to play there, but want Project 1999 to include those expansions?

Also, could someone explain the positive stuff about Luclin AA's (since 60 level cap), and how they balanced the classes and what not. I really don't know much about those.
People want the expansions and mentally stable community members. However, they don’t want to give up the single box, friends, and their characters on P99.

If TAKP disabled boxing and then did a little bit of marketing, there might be a mass migration. That’s their crutch, they have boxing because it allows the low population to be sustainable. Maybe… lots of people aren’t aware of the sunken cost fallacy and will stick to P99 until they pull the plug, dreaming of a better place.
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 10-30-2021, 02:27 PM
Aviak

I just want to add, that Luclin came out in 2001. How is that not still classic? Classic is based on age, not some subjective quantification of what's cool according to a small class of people able to define it. Literally Shadows of Luclin is as classic as any of the other expansions on P1999, the only reason most people don't like it is because it's not as "hardcore" yo! Really? It's not as hardcore, but it's definitely not WOW or any other MMOs out there. I guess what I ask is, am I really a masochist, or would I rather spend my time doing what I want, rather than running an hour to find out that the dungeon I went to is already camped by the same people who camped it every other night this week.
Old 10-30-2021, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to add, that Luclin came out in 2001. How is that not still classic? Classic is based on age, not some subjective quantification of what's cool according to a small class of people able to define it. Literally Shadows of Luclin is as classic as any of the other expansions on P1999, the only reason most people don't like it is because it's not as "hardcore" yo! Really? It's not as hardcore, but it's definitely not WOW or any other MMOs out there. I guess what I ask is, am I really a masochist, or would I rather spend my time doing what I want, rather than running an hour to find out that the dungeon I went to is already camped by the same people who camped it every other night this week.
I fully agree that Luclin is just as classic as the other two expansions that preceded it, but most find Bazaar and Nexus as a deal breaker.

After 7 years of EC though, I have no clue why anyone would think Bazaar was a bad addition lol. Insanity. And Nexus is only barely better than boats.

Ultimately it doesn't matter though, because the admins on this server HATE Luclin (at least one of them) and used to openly mock "moon cats". So we'll never get it on P99. Even if all the players unanimously voted to add it in, this is a private project and they will not do it.

What I find ridiculous is the small portion of the community who claim TAKP is the easy choice if you want Luclin, as if that server is even close to the quality of P99. Not to even mention the boxing.

Really hoping for some of the classic-world zones added in later expansions like Jaggedpine Forest and Veksar though, and I do think we have a good shot at those on Blue at some point. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bazaar ruins the game, 1000 percent.

As a tunnel rat, the bazaar is OK. If you know what to look for and constantly refresh the vendor list you can find good prices on bazaar stuff from people that just want to be sure they come back to a pile of money after they AFK their merchant in the bazaar for a given amount of time.

But if I could I would remove item linking and go back to the pile of backpacks vendor method of old days, 1 billion percent.

Having to talk to people to buy stuff is what the game is all about. Talking to people do do ANYTHIng is what the game is all about.
The game is not all about sitting in some shit zone endlessly trying to get people to buy your shit.

It's about going and slaying dragons, killing sarnaks, and venturing into the plane of hate trying to get your epic drop.

No one sits in EC chatting with people while having the time of their life. No one wants to be in EC. It's a blight on the server and a waste of peoples time and energy. EC was and always will be garbage and the Bazaar is the heavenly angel that came and saved us from it.

No one, not one single person was sad to see EC go and the Bazaar become the norm back in era. It's the single best feature Sony ever added.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is not all about sitting in some shit zone endlessly trying to get people to buy your shit.

It's about going and slaying dragons, killing sarnaks, and venturing into the plane of hate trying to get your epic drop.

No one sits in EC chatting with people while having the time of their life. No one wants to be in EC. It's a blight on the server and a waste of peoples time and energy. EC was and always will be garbage and the Bazaar is the heavenly angel that came and saved us from it.

No one, not one single person was sad to see EC go and the Bazaar become the norm back in era. It's the single best feature Sony ever added.
There was one person that loved EC - Caros.
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 10-31-2021, 02:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Touche, MaC. You are correct.

But, everyone on the server knows "that boy ain't right..."

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 10-31-2021, 09:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously?
Old 10-31-2021, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

saying it again for the 1001th time, everything people want from p99 with regard to luclin is TAKP.

if 3rd person mouse wheel is a deal breaker, thats a you problem.
LFG for hours on p99? bring your own tank/healer on TAKP
if the bazaar is a deal breaker, then would just prefer to stand in EC for 24 hours a day, pressing the same button every 10 min, only to have some shmuck haggle over a 5 plat price difference, you are happier on p99 anyway.

Rumors are that PoP will launch early next year, better get to work on TAKP so you can be ready!

TAKP's stable, helpful and welcoming community will be happy to have you!
Old 10-31-2021, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saying it again for the 1001th time, everything people want from p99 with regard to luclin is TAKP.

if 3rd person mouse wheel is a deal breaker, thats a you problem.
LFG for hours on p99? bring your own tank/healer on TAKP
if the bazaar is a deal breaker, then would just prefer to stand in EC for 24 hours a day, pressing the same button every 10 min, only to have some shmuck haggle over a 5 plat price difference, you are happier on p99 anyway.

Rumors are that PoP will launch early next year, better get to work on TAKP so you can be ready!

TAKP's stable, helpful and welcoming community will be happy to have you!
No one is saying it's not an "us" problem. It doesn't really matter why we don't like it. Each person has their own reasons. On paper there's a lot to like about takp but boxing and no mouse scroll make it a HARD pass for me.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

I'm ready for Luclin! When is it going to drop?
Closed Thread