Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2021, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep my phone on silent 100% of the time. It makes getting important calls a huge hassle, but as soon as I take it off silent I have to deal with

“Hello are you interested in selling your property?” 5ish times per day, asked every different way possible, including with scripted responses to my “no” designed to keep me on the line, and I’m polite so I have a hard time just hanging up on people

So if I keep the phone on silent I get to miss all that shit, then I can just delete the “I’m an investor and would like to buy your home” texts I also get 5 times per day…
Apparently there is a problem with my Amazon non-existent amazon order, or so I have been informed by a really obviously fake but trying to sound real computer voice. That human voice synth technology has come a long way from the early 90's.

The sad thing is that those things fool unsuspecting old grannies like every day.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently there is a problem with my Amazon non-existent amazon order, or so I have been informed by a really obviously fake but trying to sound real computer voice. That human voice synth technology has come a long way from the early 90's.

The sad thing is that those things fool unsuspecting old grannies like every day.
Lol ya, a co-worker of mine played a voicemail in his phone of an extremely static-filled recording of a Indian dude claiming he was the FBI, that my co-worker’s identity has been compromised, and that if he didn’t call the number back immediately he would be arrested

I was so disappointed he missed that call and couldn’t fuck with him. Like asking “If this is the FBI, why does it sound like you are calling from some shithole with shit reception in India? Do all FBI agents barely speak English?” Questions like that
Old 02-25-2022, 06:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am using silent mode all the time
It kinda helps[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Banned

Ya sometimes I think holding my phone so much on my stomach is making me sick.

I generally disable notifications and stuff. Just have the ringer on like barely audible incase someone may need to reach me. Otherwise off 99% of the time.

Txts can wait days.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:33 PM
Banned

This girl I dating will sometimes wait 2 days to text back. Took a little getting used to but it doesn’t bother me. I just adjust my text frequency to kinda match theirs. So she texted yesterday, I’ll respond today

But my family freaks out when I pull that on them. “Are you there? Why didn’t you respond?” I know how annoying that can be so I wouldn’t ever think of doing it to someone
Old 03-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This girl I dating will sometimes wait 2 days to text back. Took a little getting used to but it doesn’t bother me. I just adjust my text frequency to kinda match theirs. So she texted yesterday, I’ll respond today

But my family freaks out when I pull that on them. “Are you there? Why didn’t you respond?” I know how annoying that can be so I wouldn’t ever think of doing it to someone
Ya that used to be a major problem..I would find someone that would respond and then text like crazy...

Part of limiting our texts/replies is sort of healthy discipline, boundaries...

Maybe that girl would like another random text every once in awhile? Tho? There is a big difference between "r u there? 10x and "check out this cool everquest meme"..

Anyway what was really unhealthy for me is I would stop talking to other ppl and start texting that ooone person a lot... that was like creepy and ???parasocial??? Or something.

I probably don't give the people i like enough 1 on 1 time anymore. Like out of public. So like that is the other extreme. I know some people who would like more personal attention. I can't tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't consider my p99 forums posting super unhealthy...

It sure does beat (better then) laying in bed doing absolutely nothing.... or talking to absolutely no one. I did that sporadically several months at a time (run)... no verbal or textual contact with people... that was partly during my period of hospitalizations tho. Where I completely shut in and isolated. Not healthy.

The thing is... texting, posting doesn't "replace" healthy interaction anymore. It's basically all I have access 2.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Banned

Yeah this gal also says she prefers talking on the phone which might be a problem because I don’t. If I’m talking on the phone I tend to pace all over the place and focus on getting the information out and covered and then getting off the phone

I’ve never been one to gab. I dunno phone calls feel so 90’s but texting can definitely cause confused signals
Old 03-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah this gal also says she prefers talking on the phone which might be a problem because I don’t. If I’m talking on the phone I tend to pace all over the place and focus on getting the information out and covered and then getting off the phone

I’ve never been one to gab. I dunno phone calls feel so 90’s but texting can definitely cause confused signals
It's been my experience women really like verbal communication and voices... like just the sounds are a big deal.

I can't really say... I have not had a lot of relationships where I really loved a person's voice.

I do like some narrators. Orators.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

You don't make yourself available every time she wants to gab, unless you wanna move yourself into the friendzone. And you don't reply to all her texts either, tell her straight up you got more important shit to do, and watch her jump over obstacles to touch your penis.

I'm an asshole all the time, which means my dick is never lonely, aloof and uninterested is the key to getting vagina on demand.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't make yourself available every time she wants to gab, unless you wanna move yourself into the friendzone. And you don't reply to all her texts either, tell her straight up you got more important shit to do, and watch her jump over obstacles to touch your penis.

I'm an asshole all the time, which means my dick is never lonely, aloof and uninterested is the key to getting vagina on demand.
When I was younger like 10+ years ago I had a couple bad friendzones. I’d eventually just tell them off, which never made anything better and the whole situation was just embarrassing

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become increasingly narcissistic. I greatly value being and living alone, and I never get super emotionally attached to anyone, not gf’s, friends, or even my closest family (to their dismay sometimes). So being aloof just comes natural, it’s not something I can help. It may even be an unconscious defense mechanism against that past hurt, to be a little introspective