Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-17-2019, 02:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The downside is that multiple lightsources, or honestly even just one light source that is particularly bright, makes all surrounding textures look way way way insanely overly bright.
I noticed this inside High Keep. It looks awful and tanks my FPS, saw other players there complaining about it too.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

FPS for me goes no higher than 50 according to FRAPS, cant even budge it above sadly
Old 12-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Game still switches between perfect 60fps and capped at 30 fps... no explanation yet. Will have to try clean reinstall later.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game still switches between perfect 60fps and capped at 30 fps... no explanation yet. Will have to try clean reinstall later.
Turn V-Sync off, or get an adaptive sync monitor.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlainea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn V-Sync off, or get an adaptive sync monitor.
I have Vsync off in the eqclient.ini and Nvidia control panel. Is there another way to check that it's off? I don't think it's the problem though.

Even if I look down at the floor in an empty area it will not go above 32 FPS. So it's not hardware or graphics related.
Last edited by Draulius; 12-21-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Old 12-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have Vsync off in the eqclient.ini and Nvidia control panel. Is there another way to check that it's off? I don't think it's the problem though.

Even if I look down at the floor in an empty area it will not go above 32 FPS. So it's not hardware or graphics related.
The behaviour you described (running at 60FPS steady and then dropping to max 30) tells me somehow v-sync is still active. Like if you were going to get 55FPS and your refresh rate is 60 with v-sync on a non adaptive sync monitor your next step would be 30.

Maybe there is a settings that lock it on? You tried EQ in windowed mode?

You would not believe how awesome adaptive sync monitor are tho, for true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2019, 11:41 PM
Aviak

I reformatted my computer and upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit. The game has better FPS but now it's capped at 50! Getting warmer just got to figure out how to fix this one...
Old 12-23-2019, 03:28 AM
Aviak

I found a fix to get 60+ FPS and it's a weird one. If you have certain programs running in the background it will allow the game to go faster. In my case it was Samsung Magician. If I play with that program minimized I went from 40-50FPS to 60+FPS stable. In your case it could be something like an internet browser, such as Brave. I'm guessing this has something to do with power distribution.

I'd also like to note that my FPS seemed obviously more consistent WITHOUT WinEQ2 than with it when I watched my FPS counter. So don't use that program if you don't need it. If I find a better solution to this problem I will update.
Last edited by Draulius; 12-23-2019 at 03:30 AM..
Old 12-23-2019, 05:37 PM
Aviak

OK, sorry for the triple post but I just found a better solution. In Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D settings, customize your settings for Everquest (eqgame.exe) and set Low Latency Mode to Ultra. This lets me get stable 60+ FPS without any weird tricks. Finally!

If you are on an AMD setup see if they have an equivalent to Low Latency Mode, or stick to the solution in my last post.
Last edited by Draulius; 12-23-2019 at 05:43 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
OK, sorry for the triple post but I just found a better solution. In Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D settings, customize your settings for Everquest (eqgame.exe) and set Low Latency Mode to Ultra. This lets me get stable 60+ FPS without any weird tricks. Finally!
Yup this fixed it for me as well, sitting at capped 60fps now anywhere in-game, finally damn.