Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Home of the $1.50 hot dogs, large 16:9 flat panel televisions and jumbo rolls of tissue paper.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Young people, in general, do not want to work those same jobs. I don't know why exactly. I have my suspicions like videogame addictions and enabling by parents but I don't know.
People just don’t want to work in general these days. All over in my field agencies are doing hiring bonuses, bonuses to refer someone who gets hired, and “retention” bonuses, and it’s not helping

Now if someone signs up for counseling, which used to have like a 1 week wait, it’s more like a 3 month wait. A lot of clinics aren’t even taking new patients

And when you’re short on employees, everyone else has to pick up the slack. So we are just getting crapped on

How are all these lazy non-working people surviving is what I want to know
Old 09-07-2022, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are all these lazy non-working people surviving is what I want to know
Truly, I don't understand how it works. Maybe someone here who is willing to admit they received government benefits recently could shine some light on this. I suspect there are more than a few lazy slobs who fit the bill in the p99 crowd, along with the young and handsome lawyers/doctors we have.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truly, I don't understand how it works. Maybe someone here who is willing to admit they received government benefits recently could shine some light on this. I suspect there are more than a few lazy slobs who fit the bill in the p99 crowd, along with the young and handsome lawyers/doctors we have.
My cousin works at a physical therapy clinic and he said they are so short staffed they are doing a $30,000 hiring bonus just for getting hired there and they still can’t fill all the positions

I’m assuming either people are taking advantage of the gov’t or just staying with mom and dad until their parents die in which case they are gonna be screwed
Old 09-07-2022, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m assuming either people are taking advantage of the gov’t or just staying with mom and dad until their parents die in which case they are gonna be screwed
I think a lot of it is mom and dad. There are 20-somethings that come into my office that don't even know about making appointments and had their mom drive them.

Like seriously dude, you're fucking 25 wearing a dumpy t-shirt and sandals and having mommy drive you around like you're 10.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:56 PM
Banned

It's definitely mom and dad, which makes sense to an extent. If you're a parent and your 20 or even 30-something kid doesn't want to work, what are you gonna do? Let them die on the street? Probably not. So there's some kind of familial arrangement, or they get into a never-ending cycle of "going back to school" at a cheap in-state community college, or they *do* work but only at a minimum wage dead end job that pays at least enough to get by week to week, so they can feasibly continue existing but you aren't gonna see them applying to any jobs that require a specialization.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:07 PM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FBC10728-EB0D-4840-80D8-9E694BFBA064.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
People just don’t want to work in general these days.
video games

twitch

social media

fame

fortune

vacations

jet ski's

drones

wing suits

go pro

youtube videos of all that

why would anyone work in this country?

Its like we live in modern version of Caligula's Rome.

Just watch gladiators fuck all day and get drunk on wine in iron mugs.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

good times create weak people

weak people create hard times

hard times create strong people

strong people create good times
Old 09-07-2022, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

There are actual people today that think that's fascism talking nibblewitz.

There are others that would say that's weak people talking though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]