Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-28-2023, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sad that the most competition the #2 guild on the server can provide right now is to *sometimes* kill bis mobs, that aren't vulak, during quakes

0 contested natural spawns

and yet, the folks who want to talk in blue-gen all day long are satisfied with the state of the game
This is a confusing comment. Kittens is prob #2 now I would say and as far as I'm aware they contest non-quake pops all the time.
Old 06-28-2023, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes because that content was up for casuals, because the sweatlords were busy with the cutting edge luclin+ content which outclasses stuff like VP dragons (which dies on respawn to unclassic perma parked toons on p99) and most of velious. And so on with each new expansion up the ladder, leaving tiers of progression for every stage of player, exactly like i said.
Ahh, you meant "casual raiding" and I agree with this statement completely. I am referring to casual content outside of raiding.

@CD288 Thank you for clarifying

With that being said, everyone who signed up for Project 1999 knew at the time, and ever since joining the community, that it was time locked into Velious..two expansions only. Everyone accepted this immutable fact. It was accepted then, yet it's no longer accepted.

Why not?

Why does Project 1999 have to change because your lives have changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It worked historically when the majority of the server was leveling their toons and alts and gearing them with the pure casual content (HoT, Sky, etc) so didn't care what was happening with the raid content. Dynamics change. The average player on blue today has multiple level 60s with full HoT gear, the only thing left for them to do is raid, so they need raid content, this is only obvious. Being forced to join the one guild with a monopoly on FTErs is the least appealing way to distribute raid content because it gatekeeps how it's all distributed by ~20 people, kills guild diversity, and all around drives the population down.
Great, you agree that the dynamics have changed this late into the project and everyone now has enough gear to be able to compete for targets. Before, that was one of the excuses. That's what "they" have left to do with their time, experience the adrenaline rush of unforeseen experiences that human interaction breeds via the competition.

"..a monopoly on FTE'ers.." This is a ridiculous statement and yet another goal post moving excuse on why any casual guild can't put in the time and effort, spread out amongst each other, to accomplish the task. You know, teamwork? Do you actually believe people started off as great FTE'ers? Everyone has to learn to crawl before they can walk, then run. How about just popping in and watching, like everyone else learned to do, then analyzing the data in order to be successful? Do some test runs, repetition, and become that next "Great FTE'er". None of you "casual raiding" guilds even tried to do that and only made excuses on why you wouldn't, circling inside your own echo chambers (guild chat) to the point where you convinced yourselves it wasn't even worth mentioning, let alone the effort. You'd rather tear down what you don't understand instead of building up to it.

Hell, I've personally offered to train anyone on this Server to help start the process. Not one person took me up on that offer, so I resorted to making videos on YT to help. Several people have contacted me in game to tell me "thank you, I learned just now from watching some of your videos!" I've never told anyone "no" when asked for anything in this game. I want to see more competition because that's more human interaction and the entire premise of an MMO.

Quote:
As low pop as blue is today im trying to imagine what it would be like if the server had stopped quaking, didn't draft, and never did bag limits. 200-300 active raiders in vanq logging in for dkp. every other guild dead. Probably mobs like drusella on the vanq dkp farm. maybe a single sky/hot casual guild survives. yikes.
I never said "stop quaking", only the "Quake meta" of every 5-10 days. The server would be fine, just as it always was. You're not brand new here, your account shows 2014. Maybe you took some breaks over the years, which we all have and are indisputably beneficial, yet that's no excuse to continue making excuses. All I hear that you and casual guilds are somehow continuously being "victims". It's a tired old cliche at this point. Guilds change, people change, motivations change, etc. That change was forcibly removed replaced with this static environment we now participate in. It won't last. It can't last if this Project is to remain attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..This idea that time and effort are disrespected by giving others a chance to experience content that have normal lives proves those people are hopelessly addicted and see pixels and boss killing as some sort of achievement...
You've always had "a chance". You and those that think like you just never took it, made up excuses, then moved the goal post of excuses like you continue to do to this day. I firmly believe you would do just fine as long as you guys learned to work as a team and stop making excuses. Your "normal lives" shouldn't impact the essence and nature of this Project. You adapt to it, not the other way around.

You still don't understand my point and where I'm coming from. It has nothing to do with the pixels and everything to do in which the manner it is obtained. That's where the magic lies in this entire Project. As I've stated before, no one remembers whose 46 monk alt looted an Abashii's. Everyone remembers the challenges of the competition, overcoming the adversity, the up's and down's in between those, and finally the moment of success or failure. These momentous events are what resound at the tops of our memories.

That's why we do it. Otherwise, this Project wouldn't have any appeal at all, especially this late into Project's life.

Stop stripping the human interactions and inconceivable, yet brilliant, interactions will occur...even 23+ Years into this "elf-sim".

There's still Life here, stop killing it by going against the natural order of the Project.

o7,

Unchained
Old 06-28-2023, 05:40 PM
Banned

For what it's worth, I'm not completely opposed to the draft or smaller guilds experiencing content within their own circle of friends and family. However, I think it should be limited towards not affecting the overall human interaction of the entire Project in any meaningful way. I believe we've exceeded that point by far with the combination of drafts and quake meta.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

quake meta is fun.

don't worry, eventually riot will buckled under the internal strain of having a system designed to encourage activity that's being applied in a context where a lot of that activity is useless make work. when they split, maybe one of the two resulting orgs won't have you blacklisted and you'll be able to sock raid mobs to your heart's content.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ighlight=bully
Old 06-28-2023, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Rotate blue
Old 06-28-2023, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that being said, everyone who signed up for Project 1999 knew at the time, and ever since joining the community, that it was time locked into Velious..two expansions only. Everyone accepted this immutable fact. It was accepted then, yet it's no longer accepted.

Why not?

Why does Project 1999 have to change because your lives have changed?
When a TON of us started playing on this server it was the only party in town. There were no other options. Certainly no options with anywhere near the population. The vast majority of those players have become so addicted and so encased in the sunk cost fallacy that they can't bear the thought of trying another (read: better) server. Instead they want the server to change, if only slightly, so they continue to play on a server they don't actually like or enjoy anymore because the thought of leaving their characters behind is too much for them to bear.

That desire isn't unreasonable. Even Rogean was playing and raiding PoP on Aradune not that long ago rather than play this abandonware.
Old 06-30-2023, 04:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quake meta is fun.

don't worry, eventually riot will buckled under the internal strain of having a system designed to encourage activity that's being applied in a context where a lot of that activity is useless make work. when they split, maybe one of the two resulting orgs won't have you blacklisted and you'll be able to sock raid mobs to your heart's content.
Blacklisted? Sounds racist. Blacklisted for what? I apologized for that one and only train on vulak immediately after it happened.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

Spoiler alert: it wasn’t the last time disrespected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2023, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, I'm not completely opposed to the draft or smaller guilds experiencing content within their own circle of friends and family. However, I think it should be limited towards not affecting the overall human interaction of the entire Project in any meaningful way. I believe we've exceeded that point by far with the combination of drafts and quake meta.
You just don't like the quake meta because it means your guild can't monopolize every single spawn by no-lifing P99. There are still occasional pop days where you're able to do this, and server resets tended to happen on live back in the day at the same rate P99 is quaking things. So it's classic.