Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-25-2022, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLP>
I'm eagerly waiting for the announcement for the next TLP. I tried Mischief for a month recently but joined pretty late, so I think it'll be more fun getting in on one at the very beginning.

For whatever flaws a TLP server might have, at least I can count on playing the class I want (wizard) without being ostracized. I can deal with the existence of krono and a messed up Freeport if it means being able to finally see raid content without a guild like FoW or Seal Team coming in to curbstomp a smaller guild.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did the great elf sim become an equity sim? All these rules and regulations make things not fun. Just like RL.
If you don't like rules and regulations then go to Red. Few people play there for a reason. Some rules and regulations can make the game more fun for more people.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

w1zard no one left red because it didn't have enough rules and regulations. It has tons of rules and regulations. But you're right that it is a better place to play the game than blue or green these days. Even low pop.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Just gonna use my bag full of manastones to wipe each individual tear off the eye of each elf complaining 'list isn't fair.'
Old 03-26-2022, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just gonna use my bag full of manastones to wipe each individual tear off the eye of each elf complaining 'list isn't fair.'
This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:08 PM
Kobold

I'd recommend on green 2.0 that when they break something with a patch they don't take a year to fix it
Old 03-26-2022, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd recommend on green 2.0 that when they break something with a patch they don't take a year to fix it
Maybe try Burger King where you can have it your way?
Old 03-30-2022, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The /list bullshit can easily be solved by not removing items like manastone or make them rare drops after the timeline. I think any item that wasn't retroactively removed or changed should remain droppable somehow. They'll never do this though because reasons reasons reasons #nochanges. And the elite players will be happy because their main objective is making sure everybody else has less fun and somebody buys their manastone for 800k someday so they can twink out a dozen melee alts to solo blackburrow with.

But let's be real, most of us are here to have the experiences we missed out on when we were young and didn't know anything about the game. Cucking people out of that experience isn't part of Classic - people were actually friendly and nice in 1999. Shit, most servers only had 1 raid guild. People were happy sitting around chatting while killing a few mobs every 18 minutes. They even grouped with wizards and hybrids and didn't complain about "mah xp/hour".

The argument that most players had crappy dial-up internet to stop mass AoE also applies to camping an item for days at a time. Few people shared accounts in 1999 and even fewer could tie up their phone line for days at a time. The /list feature doesn't resemble the Classic experience whatsoever and was only implemented so GMs didn't have to babysit these camps.

tl;dr Green 2.0 = don't remove items like Manastone, CoS, etc in timeline.
Out of curiosity, why were manastones originally removed back in the day?
Old 03-30-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

consider blue
Old 03-30-2022, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, why were manastones originally removed back in the day?
Considered OP like most items that got removed