Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Default Shaman 40 leveling location

I have been killing guards in NK for a long time its about to dry up. In the evil-guild it says 40's to go to Spec but i am not sure if i can do that. Any other classic spots to hunt that would get me some good exp maybe some cash.

I know about this, just looking for shaman insight.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_40-44
Old 07-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

You can try East Freeport guards. They might be a little tough at level 40, my memory is hazy for levels 40-45. These guys are nice xp, and you should be able to sell in the evil underground area, which is in the same zone. This is if you are Troll/Ogre. Don't think you can sell there if you are Barbarian or Iksar.

You can also do Rivervale guards for another level or two I believe. They are a bit higher level on average than the Misty Thicket wall guards, which tend to dry up around 40 as well.

Another good spot you can try is Crystal Caverns Geonids, but that is not in a classic zone. I definitely remember doing those in the 40s, but I am not sure if they are doable at 40. They were much easier with JBB.

You should be able to do Spectres at level 40, I think they are only level 35 or so.

You might be able to do Butcherblock guard house guards, they are around level 40. You can also sell at the druid rings merchant, who is indifferent to all.

City of Mist is the go to Kunark spot for grouping at that level, and you can start to collect your CoM pages for epic.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can try East Freeport guards. They might be a little tough at level 40, my memory is hazy for levels 40-45. These guys are nice xp, and you should be able to sell in the evil underground area, which is in the same zone. This is if you are Troll/Ogre. Don't think you can sell there if you are Barbarian or Iksar.

You can also do Rivervale guards for another level or two I believe. They are a bit higher level on average than the Misty Thicket wall guards, which tend to dry up around 40 as well.

Another good spot you can try is Crystal Caverns Geonids, but that is not in a classic zone. I definitely remember doing those in the 40s, but I am not sure if they are doable at 40. They were much easier with JBB.

You should be able to do Spectres at level 40, I think they are only level 35 or so.

You might be able to do Butcherblock guard house guards, they are around level 40. You can also sell at the druid rings merchant, who is indifferent to all.

City of Mist is the go to Kunark spot for grouping at that level, and you can start to collect your CoM pages for epic.
This is for Classic, Thanks a million i am going to go try specs and if that doesnt work will look at your other suggestions.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Orc

Gnomes guards in Steamfont. 1 by the windmills and 1 at the crossroads. Both on 6 min timer, level 35. Don’t mess with the ones in the newbie yard.

Run over and punk the mino hero from time to time for kicks.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

At level 40 my shaman was able to hold down a Hill Giant spawn. I'd suggest Two Trees, Hobo Hill, or Slant, since they are the safer spots- pathers don't run by so you can focus exclusively on your HG on a 6:40 timer. Root/Rot till 44 and you should be able to keep your mana where it needs to be. Gets easier at 44 when you can Torgor's and pet-tank them for extra DPS.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At level 40 my shaman was able to hold down a Hill Giant spawn. I'd suggest Two Trees, Hobo Hill, or Slant, since they are the safer spots- pathers don't run by so you can focus exclusively on your HG on a 6:40 timer. Root/Rot till 44 and you should be able to keep your mana where it needs to be. Gets easier at 44 when you can Torgor's and pet-tank them for extra DPS.
This is all rath mt. right, I havn't camped this yet but looks like good fun / money to be had. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, in Rathe Mountains. The p99 wiki page for Rathe Mountains has a sub-map plotting out the HG spawn points and names, which are considered individual camps. Pick one, post up, and watch out for Broog Bloodbeard!

And yes, the money is fantastic. I almost always leave RM with ~800pp in hand after just a few hours. Get a box of Abu-Kar as well so you can load up on Fine Steel and add to your profit.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

BB has a few spots that has kept me busy up to level 50. (which im currently at)
you can probably go even higher. im guessing about 53, or higher, since level 40 dwarfs give xp till 53 and there is a couple of 45's.

druid rings merchant will buy or sell to anyone.

started at #16 in bb (level 32), then moved to the docks, then did the dock guards for a bit, and moved to the guard houses north (two of 3) of #18.
Last edited by xaix1999; 07-29-2020 at 05:47 PM..
Closed Thread