Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Question /anon versus /role.... FIGHT!

*read while listening*
https://soundcloud.com/hiep612/morta...-song-original

I have noticed persons of a certain guild tend to go /anon instead of /role. I comment in /OOC to see what the deal is. First, they said because "I don't roleplay" in /ooc...
https://i.imgflip.com/4aease.jpg

Then they said they did it "because I can." You can run over the fountain on your next PoHate raid too, brelf (that's bro-elf.)

But hey, let's keep it real, elves. No one actually roleplays. I played Firiona Vie for years and you'd be hard-pressed to find a true roleplayer if you looked all day. We just loved twinking out our low-levels with no-drop planar stuff, and it was the only server you could do it on.

The only difference between /anon and /role is that anon hides your guild tag.

Hide your race/class/level? Sure. You're a wiz/dru/cler/mannastone - people need/want you, and you're busy. But why hide your guild tag....?

I can "/guildstatus name" you anyway and see "Soandso is a member of NeverTaggedUnlessRaidingGuild"

Possible options
  1. You a bad bad elf, up to no good, don't want people to link you to guild
  2. You ashamed shameful elf, don't want to be affiliated with your guild for some reason
  3. You lazy lazy elf, type /an won't type /rol
Old 08-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Banned

A lot of my friends do it so their guild mates don’t ask them if they need a teleport for the raid.

I personally don’t like the color purple because it reminds me of white supremacy.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I don't use either except on port-capable classes.

I despise /anon because I hate running 10 or 15 min to get to an "empty" zone only to find half a dozen /anons there camping the useful stuff. I refuse to become part of the problem. I've had guilds threaten to kick me out of their raids because I refuse to hide. Hah--as if anyone actually cares enough about what someone's up to on a video game to justify treating it like a state secret. The best was one guild that went /anon, not to hide from other guilds, but to hide from their own guildmates whom they weren't inviting along for the lucrative stuff. Pixel Sickness, indeed.

I don't much care for /role because I don't like having a purple nametag.

I make an exception for Druids or Wizards because P99's full of too many entitled twits who act like it's their god-given right to demand I drop what I'm doing to port their useless rear at a moment's notice. Some of 'em get quite belligerent when I decline. Nope, I made my portmule for my own uses, not to play "virtual taxi driver." Hence I don't fault port classes who want to be left in peace, in their specific case /anon or /role serves as the lesser evil. /Anon, specifically, is important for dial-a-port members when "off duty" because /role will still return from a "/who all dial" query.

Danth
Old 08-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Banned

ah yes let me turn off anon in Lguk so i can get a million tells asking me for a bag or mask

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I make an exception for Druids or Wizards because P99's full of too many entitled twits who act like it's their god-given right to demand I drop what I'm doing to port their useless rear at a moment's notice.
Trust me, it’s pretty bad for Clerics too. People get mad if I don’t want to make a massive voyage to Rez them. I don’t even get rezzes on my own characters and genuinely don’t understand why people freak out over them.

Hell, I took anon off on my Shaman a couple of nights ago and immediately had people asking me to stop and dump about 10 minutes worth of mana into buffing them. Which honestly, a lot of times if I’m just farming plat, I’ll gladly do it, especially for a genuinely new player.

But the random tells do get annoying. I find myself genuinely envious of necros because we’re both farming the same stuff, but no one asks them for anything.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Does /who all count <zone> work? Could at least compare the # to what you see on a regular /who all <zone> to get a better idea.

-Mcoy
Old 08-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the random tells do get annoying. I find myself genuinely envious of necros because we’re both farming the same stuff, but no one asks them for anything.
/afk A veces me siento como Dios ... cuando ordeno que maten a alguien, mueren el mismo día - Pablo Escobar

People usually leave me alone after that.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

DaP is the exception. And it's a special exception they created.

Everyone else... if you go /anon, what's your reason?

No good ones given so far.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of my friends do it so their guild mates don’t ask them if they need a teleport for the raid.

I personally don’t like the color purple because it reminds me of white supremacy.
Good to separate work and play.
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Guilded players who use /anon are not proud to be in their guild.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread