Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-11-2024, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rnf used to have a lot more spice, RIP. It was fun to read guild vs. guild or player vs. player fights when there were actual consequences. Now it's just like, 6 autists posting weird trash that no one should care to read (I hit reply after I read the first page of this post, for instance).
And to confirm my suspicion, I just read through the last 7 pages. Not a one of you mentioned the fun RnF that took place back at least, in the days I raided on blue (2018-2020). I enjoyed RnF back then, now it's garbage, and this garbage is represented in the past 7 pages of opinions from the posters here. There are actually some of you who used to RnF with the best of em, too.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

The Brass.
"They" are out to get me. Or in this case, not out to get me.
You are creating a problem where there is none. You have a raid problem? Voice it and call someone from that other ugly team out. Call them names and challenge their skills as a player.
You did none of those. Except moan (and not in the good way) so call someone a name and insult the way thwy conduct their life. Moanie McWhiner Pants.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

They simply aren’t showing interest. Players noticed. And populations migrated.

There are way less people on the boat now.

Perhaps as intended.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why you defend new rules that hurt other people you may not have liked in the same digital home that you with share says something about you. Short sighted. Those that point fingers at each other instead of those that craft and create the culture here are missing something.
Sorry that you're upset that people finally decided to uphold the rules of the forums and penalize people for being rude, insulting, crass, etc.

These forums have been so much more pleasant since then. Thank you staff and hats off for you for becoming more hands on and enforcing the rules here!
Old 03-11-2024, 04:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

If the intent was to lower the population of players that enjoy this server then mission accomplished.

I'm not upset. You continue to misrepresent every word that I've said. Instead I pointed out that staff chased away hundreds of players in the last three months.

Perhaps as intended.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The appeal of these forums is limited because I, as a grown ass man, cannot sling childish insults at people and generally behave like a hormonal 13 year old kid in my treatment of others. And I've made a new account to replace my banned one in order to come here and whine about it."

I hope you aren't a parent in real life.....
Sent you a PM.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the intent was to lower the population of players that enjoy this server then mission accomplished.

I'm not upset. You continue to misrepresent every word that I've said. Instead I pointed out that staff chased away hundreds of players in the last three months.

Perhaps as intended.
This argument doesn't hold up since if you check the emulator population tracker both Blue and Green have stayed mostly steady the last 3 months.

Green on 12/11 (3 months ago): 756
Green yesterday: 852

Blue on 12/11: 457
Blue yesterday: 498

Interesting, the numbers seem actually slightly higher if anything. What happened to those HUNDREDS of players that disappeared in the last 3 months?

The staff just wants to chase away people like yourself who have no decorum and want to use the forums to insult people.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:44 PM
Large Rat

No one finds drama interesting or commercially viable

That is why you will never see it develop between online content creators, or constantly brought up and talked about by other content creators not involved with it. Or particular musicians or athletes. Or forced into reality tv shows. Or into the plots of movies and stories to make them less boring

I tune it all out, as a monk on a mission of zen and peace. I have achieved ascension
Old 03-11-2024, 04:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This argument doesn't hold up since if you check the emulator population tracker both Blue and Green have stayed mostly steady the last 3 months.

Green on 12/11 (3 months ago): 756
Green yesterday: 852

Blue on 12/11: 457
Blue yesterday: 498

Interesting, the numbers seem actually slightly higher if anything. What happened to those HUNDREDS of players that disappeared in the last 3 months?

The staff just wants to chase away people like yourself who have no decorum and want to use the forums to insult people.
P99 has lost hundreds of players in the last few months. It hasn't been the most popular server for almost half a year. Staff has not indicated they want to encourage more players to play here. The first post on the P99 home page by a staff member is a indication of not wanting to increase the population. Facts are facts. I dismiss your population numbers unless pulled in a way that is closer to reality. You haven't indicated you have the skill set for that.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:55 PM
Banned

I miss old p99 circa 2009-2015.

Best years.