Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Default About Pantheon and Rogean's Incentives

I get that it's all optional and for a good cause, but selling a fungi staff and xp boosts seems a lot like other emu servers which go downhill from this kind of stuff. It makes me quite uncomfortable and I'm hoping this will never become the norm, but I guess that depends on how successful it is. Anyone else feeling like this?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that it's all optional and for a good cause, but selling a fungi staff and xp boosts seems a lot like other emu servers which go downhill from this kind of stuff. It makes me quite uncomfortable and I'm hoping this will never become the norm, but I guess that depends on how successful it is. Anyone else feeling like this?
Lol, why would this be the norm? It's a special promotion for the new Pantheon game and the only reason why p99 is involved is because this was Brad's first great creation. That's the reason, and only reason why. Why is getting a raffle ticket for a fungi staff a bad thing? You do realize it's a very marginal chance that you're going to win it.

Dumb thread is dumb.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Kobold

If by uncomfortable you mean awesome then yes. Get over it, people promote shit, its how life works, join the rest of us on planet reality and stop feeling "uncomfortable".....
Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, why would this be the norm? It's a special promotion for the new Pantheon game and the only reason why p99 is involved is because this was Brad's first great creation. That's the reason, and only reason why. Why is getting a raffle ticket for a fungi staff a bad thing? You do realize it's a very marginal chance that you're going to win it.

Dumb thread is dumb.
Could I sell 10$ tickets to a fungus staff raffle?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Also: I fully support Pantheon and I really want it to succeed. I suppose I should look the other way on this but one of P99s draws is that money was not mixed up with the project in any way (barring the RMTrs). This taints that...but for the right cause I suppose.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could I sell 10$ tickets to a fungus staff raffle?
No- because that's RMT

I'm all for some of these incentives- but the incentives need to be rethought. Just like with the xp potions having to be changed to nodrop there are still other aspects of the rewards that needs to be fixed in order to avoid abuse.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

put your head in the sand until march - best advice I can give.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No- because that's RMT

I'm all for some of these incentives- but the incentives need to be rethought. Just like with the xp potions having to be changed to nodrop there are still other aspects of the rewards that needs to be fixed in order to avoid abuse.
Right. But even things like selling xp potions and items for RL $ are things that have gotten other servers (especially WoW emu) down.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No- because that's RMT

The rewards/incentives wouldn't need to be fixed if 80% of the server population weren't acting like spoiled 5 year olds >.<. Imagine how much more work it will be for the staff to distribute X number of XP potions to a given person now that they are no drop vs. just giving them to one character and letting them distribute them to their hearts content.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 02-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

From Front Page:

XP Pots and the Fungus Covered Great Staff will NOT be tradeable.

Solves most of my issues with it I suppose.
Closed Thread