Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, I was referring to my own post with the TL;DR.

Either way, I agree with you but it probably won't happen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They could always just split into a 3rd power guild and be less powerful. That's a good idea, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haha, they want less competition, not more.

Yeah, sadly. There is a lot of talk around here but little else.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

It's not on the guilds to set this up.. It's on gms/guides..

If this tourney happened I'm sure every guild would be willing to compete.. But this is on gms/guides to setup.. Not on the "top guilds"... Show me where to sign up and I'll get a team together..

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

15 mages would beat nag very easy =P
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Er... Didn't Hobby already say he was interested in doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Most guilds don't like to play with fire, in other words, what's the point of taking a risk if you can just do it safely with numbers and still get ph4t lewtz! Right?

However, I'm proud to say my guild is all about playing with fire, and that's the only thing that keeps this game so interesting still, not the loot, not the raid bosses, and not the so-called "competition" of who's the better poop-socker.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So after all the guild drama, given the chance to actually show what your guild can do nobody is interested? Wow.
If they actually had to put their "money where their mouth was", so to speak, then everyone would know once and for all who the most skilled guild was and then there wouldn't be any drama over it. And we wouldn't want THAT, now... would we?

The fact that the uberguilds aren't biting on this tells me it's a great way to determine which guild is more skilled once you take 'having to put up zerg forces to compete/poopsock against the competition' out of the equation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that the uberguilds aren't biting on this tells me it's a great way to determine which guild is more skilled once you take 'having to put up zerg forces to compete/poopsock against the competition' out of the equation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the fact that the uber guilds aren't getting a test server set up to have a competition like this? I agree with whoever said that if something like this were set up, most guilds would partake. I would imagine the majority of people in IB and DA don't really even care about the loot anymore as much as getting the kill. I haven't gotten an upgrade in months and there is really only like 1 item that is an upgrade until Kunark. I know a lot of people in both guilds are in the same position as I am.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the fact that the uber guilds aren't getting a test server set up to have a competition like this? I agree with whoever said that if something like this were set up, most guilds would partake. I would imagine the majority of people in IB and DA don't really even care about the loot anymore as much as getting the kill. I haven't gotten an upgrade in months and there is really only like 1 item that is an upgrade until Kunark. I know a lot of people in both guilds are in the same position as I am.
You mean new members, alts and apps are not getting geared on raids?

/boggle

I refuse to believe you guys do 60+ raids just for the love of the kill when it can be killed with 30. Where is there any pleasure in that? You guys are gearing toons and/or selling gear. It's all good. But don't say it's not for the pixels.
Last edited by guineapig; 01-25-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

I said the majority - not all. Apps and new members are most certainly getting gear, and I'm happy that there is someone who can use it - but what I was trying to say (and felt was pretty clear) was that the veteran members of both guilds care less about the loot and more about the kill. Now, this is just an assumption based on my own personal opinion - but I know at least in IB there is a lot of people who, like me, really don't need any of the loot and haven't for quite some time.

Honestly, I really don't care about gearing apps or people's alts - I don't show up to raids at 2am (well, lately I haven't really shown up to raids at all) so that a guildie's alt can run around with God loot. When I do show up for raids it's because I'm competitive and want to get the kill - I haven't really considered the loot aspect of it for quite awhile.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly, I really don't care about gearing apps or people's alts - I don't show up to raids at 2am (well, lately I haven't really shown up to raids at all) so that a guildie's alt can run around with God loot. When I do show up for raids it's because I'm competitive and want to get the kill - I haven't really considered the loot aspect of it for quite awhile.
Fair enough. When was the last time you felt challenged on a kill with your current numbers / raid turn out? Or is it just more about making sure the other guys do not get the kill?

I'm just trying to figure out the motivation. Maybe there is something that could make a tournament more appealing to those types of people.
Closed Thread