Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly, there have been a couple CT kills that have been challenging simply because of the other guilds competing. The rest are all just about mobilization. Vox last night was kind of fun just because of how early the raid engaged. There was a draco kill that we actually lost that was kind of fun just because we had like 20 adds.

I mean, every mob outside sky is trivial under ideal conditions - but there are some conditions that make the encounter difficult when competition comes into play.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, there have been a couple CT kills that have been challenging simply because of the other guilds competing. The rest are all just about mobilization.
When you say mobilization, are you referring to having people log out in the room where the target spawns and then log in when you get a text message? Or is it when you sit on the spawn but are still logged in?
Last edited by guineapig; 01-25-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you say mobilization, are you referring to having people log out in the room where the target spawns and then log in when you get a text message? Or is it when you sit on the spawn but are still logged in?
At least 3 separate guilds are doing the first thing you mentioned for inny / nagafen / fear when the window is at least halfway elapsed.

We haven't done the second thing you're mentioning in almost 2 months since a nagafen that was very late in window and 3 guilds were trying to do the same thing. Someone accused us this week of poopsocking nagafen while a few of us were clearing fire giants. People tend to assume that if you have an IB or DA tag over your head, and something big spawns in or near the zone, you're poopsocking.

We don't really camp in perma for vox frequently either. Vox popped pretty early in window this week and almost everyone there for the kill had to log on, pop a potion and run to perma, get buffs etc.

The fact that a lot of IB are playing on the beta server is very helpful for our mobilization.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Kobold

IMO. the poopsocking going on by the big guilds isn't because they feel they're the best, or for the challenge, but rather to deny others the chance at the drops. Especially if the drops are sellable. if nobody but someone in guild x can get an SSOY for example, then they can basically charge whatever they want to for it. And, it'll be good practice for when Kunark opens and they can move on to mo0nopolize those end game spawns. Heck with a large enough guild, they could monopolize old world and kunark end game spawns both. Just think of the imaginary currency they could amass, and of course wave their epeens about at other geeks with limited to no life.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO. the poopsocking going on by the big guilds isn't because they feel they're the best, or for the challenge, but rather to deny others the chance at the drops.
Truth, since the olden days when we only had 2 raid guilds on the server, hence (one of the reasons) why there was a rotation in place between the 2.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

A rotation between IB and DA would be soley on them to set up and follow. I am all for seeing them split bosses and not raid against each other, but allowing other guilds to compete. DA gets naggy/ct and IB gets vox/inny, then swap. If TMO/div/doze/ whoever else wants to compete, go for it. But DA and IB would not go after the same mob.

Anyways, like i said...I am all for watching people do this. Beta is open, naggy vox ct and inny are all spawning frequently... However, there are some distinct difference between beta and live... I guess the mobs are kinda more powerful in a sense?

But yeah, get a group together -- pm me.. ill go over there and watch and 100% res and everything.

Now, if you want a TEST server to do this then too damn bad. We are not going to set up a 3rd server for a guild competition.

come to think of it, beta to do this would fail...as most people are above 50 now. Only thing that i could to offer death loops....
Last edited by Hobby; 01-25-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Aviak

I think this is a pretty neat idea. Back on my old server we had a guild called The Pantheon which I always admired, they managed to down big targets and get geared out with some severely minimal numbers.

This might actually be a positive source of competition.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
come to think of it, beta to do this would fail...as most people are above 50 now. Only thing that i could to offer death loops....
Yeah Hobby, that is the one thing I did not consider. For those that are well over 50 with new spells/abilities, it would put them at somewhat of an advantage on old world mobs, thereby changing the outcome of the kill time/number of deaths.

I'm glad you liked the idea though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Banned

Default pycoba_rng

Sounds great. To make these even more interested how about we place bets.... On real server.... Bob can hold the monies. The guild with the least amount of members to finish x target at x time wins the cash. This makes it far more interesting of course you need promoters.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Hi friends, would just like to point out p99 is mostly comprised of giant vaginas unwilling to compete in an environment where another guild can literally shit on you and take the raid mob they want. That being said, some of you guys are pretty cool. Have a nice day.
Last edited by Knuckle; 01-27-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Closed Thread