Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Orc

Yeah I dunno, I guess the in-game lore is full of stuff about phrenology, my bad.

edit: Either way my context for this is always going to be hotep/black israelite stuff because that's what it reminds me of. It's like making an high elf guild called Orange County Homeowners Association, or something. Sorry for derailing the thread with my comment, I'm out.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Last edited by worm4real; 11-22-2019 at 01:09 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: Either way my context for this is always going to be hotep/black israelite stuff because that's what it reminds me of. It's like making an high elf guild called Orange County Homeowners Association, or something. Sorry for derailing the thread with my comment, I'm out.
((That's a you problem, bringing your issues and projecting them onto our roleplay with such vigor that the executives at IMAX are going to send you a strongly worded letter for suspected patent infringement.

You don't have to like what we're doing. You don't have to feel comfortable with what we're doing. But I'm going to ask you to respect what we're doing.))
Old 11-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Orc

Look if you guys really believe you're engaging in legitimate Erudite roleplay and just by happenstance have members with names like Tyronius, Shaquilleos, and Jahmaul, that's fine. I honestly am not really bothered by the humor but no one but you is required to keep up the illusion that there's zero real world references going on. I've seen a few Erudites who aren't involved with you guys who have typically african names. Is that because of their love and respect for the culture? Whatever, maybe. Sorry for disturbing your thread.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Old 11-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

A lot of the names you listed have Arabic origins. They are not African names per se. And people name their characters all kinds of things in games. That isn't necessarily tied to how they act.

In either case, the racial obsession people have is sickening. We have turned down players we deem to have offensive names. I can assure you there is no desire to forward any agenda. Norrath has no connection to the real world. Your desire to link the two is just that. Your desire. It is best the sickness of our world is left out of EverQuest. After all, isn't that what we're doing playing a game where we get to escape reality for a little while?

Archonus Valerius
Knight of Erudin
Old 11-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Banned

There's no Jahmaul or black Israelites in this guild or acting as such

Find something else to do
Old 11-23-2019, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

This guild, everyone in it, and all it's haters are pure gold. Keep on keepin on sons of erud.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

Erudian cultural appropriation
Old 11-26-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

Making jewelry at vendor cost for all Erudites.

Consider making your next alt a very high intelligence one.

Join us.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen a few Erudites who aren't involved with you guys who have typically african names.
So now we're responsible for every person out there who rolls an Erudite character, who hasn't joined our order and we may not have even seen online, to make sure they have an acceptable name?

You should submit this request to the devs - everyone who rolls an Erudite must submit their name not only to the server, but to our guild. We'll have a little AFK-check like box and we have to click "Yes" or "No" to allow the name to pass the check.

Will you be happy then?

Oh wait, you will not. I'm done discussing this with you, because you seem to want another dopamine hit from being outraged, and that means you will never be satisfied.

In the words of a wonderful Hyperbole and a Half blogpost: Please Stop.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

The GMs made our guild and police names. Go talk to them. I hope they put guild war in.

You Antonicans truly are dogs.
Closed Thread