Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Default Naltron's Mark gives too few hp?

Symbol of Naltron buffs target for 525hp, Naltron's Mark only buffs for 406hp. Note that these values are the max & min for both spells according to the wiki.
3 : UNKNOWN CALC 118 base 406 max 525 attrib Max Hitpoints
4 : UNKNOWN CALC 118 base 406 max 525 attrib HP when cast

The wiki lists the spells with identical effects and durations, which certainly is consistent with similar Kunark-era single/group spell pairs such as Heroism & Heroic Bond

Also, Naltron's Mark doesn't overwrite Symbol of Naltron (a good thing given the amount of hp.)

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, found nothing about this searching both Bugs and Resolved Issues.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

this is actually classic, and yeah it was silly.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like a September 2002 change from EQ Clerics : http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...n%27s+mark+525

December 8, 2000 and April 4, 2001 SPDAT has this effect:

Quote:
Naltron's Mark
Increase Total Hit Points from 406 (L58) to 446 (L60)
Increase Current Hitpoints from 406 (L58) to 446 (L60)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Clr (L58)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 100 feet
Area Effect Range: 50 feet

Requires Peridot as a reagent

Skill: Abjuration
Allowable Targets: Full Group

Resistance Check: None

Mana Required: 500
Spell Duration: 540 ticks (54.0 minutes)
Duration Formula: 3
Casting Time: 6.0 seconds
Spell Recovery: 4.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 12.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: A mystic symbol flashes before your eyes.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso is cloaked in a shimmer of glowing symbols.
Spell fades: The mystic symbol fades.

Last edited by Ele; 09-29-2015 at 10:50 AM..
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

thanks for the information, guess i won't be using it much
Old 10-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Default Not quite right - couldn't reach listed max

I had received a couple buffs from level 60 cleric -- Heroic Bond and Naltron's Mark - on my little bard and the total hit points showed a value of 1718 but the max I could achieve was 1639. I thought it might be some odd bug so I zoned, I also logged but nothing changed until Naltron's Mark finally wore off, then my total matched exactly and my hp bar showed 100% where before it was always short. The HP's would show a tick more trying to be applied to like 1661 but it would always go back to 1639. I took a screen shot of it. Thought this would be best place to add to since it already existed as a thread on the spell. Not sure how the above information might relate to this here exactly, but just my 2cp on it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ - Pamila HP issue.jpg (22.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had received a couple buffs from level 60 cleric -- Heroic Bond and Naltron's Mark - on my little bard and the total hit points showed a value of 1718 but the max I could achieve was 1639. I thought it might be some odd bug so I zoned, I also logged but nothing changed until Naltron's Mark finally wore off, then my total matched exactly and my hp bar showed 100% where before it was always short. The HP's would show a tick more trying to be applied to like 1661 but it would always go back to 1639. I took a screen shot of it. Thought this would be best place to add to since it already existed as a thread on the spell. Not sure how the above information might relate to this here exactly, but just my 2cp on it all.

That is interesting that both differences between your hp and max hp and the new versus old nalton's mark values are both 79 hp.

Perhaps the Titanium client is expecting and applying the newer value of Naltron's showing a higher max hp value, but the server is applying the classic/lower value and reporting the actual hp (really max hp) to the client resulting in the discrepancy.
Closed Thread