Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-12-2024, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they were worried about HT spam in certain scenarios. You can have a bunch of SK's HT, die, get resed, and HT again on a raid target, for example.
Wouldn't make it any different making HT a life tap instead of DD. Would not affect what your talking about anymore than HT does already.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't make it any different making HT a life tap instead of DD. Would not affect what your talking about anymore than HT does already.
My point was simply that if they were already worried about it being too powerful, they wouldn't make it more powerful. Especially since Lifetaps weren't nerfed on live during Classic-Velious like they are on P99.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:49 PM
Large Rat

I haven't played SK but I can't see how it makes any sense to wait until you're almost dead to use HT. If I had that power on a toon I'd use it on the first appropriate target every time it refreshed, which would give many more uses than the save-it-for-emergencies approach.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Only time I save HT is if I expect the possibility someone might try to kill-steal something. It's useful to help with KS prevention, especially on the lower HP-type named solo melee's might be camping. Otherwise I tend to use it on cooldown because, why not? Weak as it is, may as well get some use out of it.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Breaking camp is best answer so far.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played SK but I can't see how it makes any sense to wait until you're almost dead to use HT. If I had that power on a toon I'd use it on the first appropriate target every time it refreshed, which would give many more uses than the save-it-for-emergencies approach.
Because using it on a mob just for general DPS purposes isn't really going to benefit you that much in the long run. At that point all you're doing is reducing your downtime a little bit after 1 kill (assuming you don't still get terrible RNG post-HT and still get your HP burned down a lot by the mob).

Saving it for emergencies is much better since it can save your life if you can kill a mob (or bring it close to dead) with HT before it kills you.

The amount of hours EXPing you save by avoiding death > minimal amount of downtime you might save by killing one mob a little faster every 72 minutes
Old 02-20-2024, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I tend to save HT for if I get an unlucky add or something along those lines. If the current mob I am working on is at like 40% life, I can just burn it down so I still get XP and either flop, or kill the new mob if I have enough resources.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Just do what dsm says and let a thread finish. For (f)actual fucks sake.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do what dsm says and let a thread finish. For (f)actual fucks sake.
Please disregard the normal trolling from Duik. Please contribute to the thread or refrain from posting nonsense. RnF is where this belongs.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, this is RnF. The title is deceptively normal. Please disregard and continue to spout nonsense to your heart's content!