Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Default Running right past good camps

Joined a group yesterday. Was a full 6 of 18-20. The "leader" was reading from a leveling guide on the wiki and clearly didn't know the area west of HighPass.

We ran right through EK, NK and SK looking for any camp from the leveling guide. Simply would not listen to anyone suggesting Splitpaw, Griffs in the Karanas, the entirety of EK.

He did like the crag spiders in EK, but a couple of us continued to point out that they were camped. Leader didn't realize that they could be claimed as a camp. Ignored the griffs, hounds, etc in the rest of EK, and didn't know about the reavers.

The leader, and a few of his compatriots in the group, were entirely fearful of yellow and red cons. They were searching for blues, fercryinoutloud.

Who are these people, that simply read the script from a leveling guide, and run around looking for one of those sites un-camped? Not knowing that a full group can take on yellows and reds fairly well.

Oh, and one guy in the group simply claimed all loot without saying a word. Of course, no one else was interested in any of that spider silk. Truly a TRUE ninja looter, simply made sure that no one else got a chance to loot.

Rant ends.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The leader, and a few of his compatriots in the group, were entirely fearful of yellow and red cons. They were searching for blues, fercryinoutloud
Groups should be grinding blues/whites. When everyone is full mana and the group just starts, sure youll take down the red/yellow cons effectively. But consider after 5, 6, 7 yellow/red pulls, your healer is OOM/LOM, slower is OOM/LOM. Then its a math problem - is it more effective to kill 30 blue/whites til OOM or 10 yellow/reds.

Answer is blues/whites.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups should be grinding blues/whites. When everyone is full mana and the group just starts, sure youll take down the red/yellow cons effectively. But consider after 5, 6, 7 yellow/red pulls, your healer is OOM/LOM, slower is OOM/LOM. Then its a math problem - is it more effective to kill 30 blue/whites til OOM or 10 yellow/reds.

Answer is blues/whites.
Depends on what you are after. And since all of those blue camps were camped, all you are doing is picking off a couple of blue randoms once in a while. So why not pull some yellow and red splitpaws and see how you do? Why not tackle 'fennes and reavers?

The problem wasn't so much that they were afraid of them, it was that, being afraid of them, they ended up doing nothing. It was simply that such encounters were not in the leveling guide, and so for all intents and purposes didn't exist in their minds. They weren't adventuring, they were geocaching.
Last edited by larper99; 12-30-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Old 12-30-2019, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Blue cons in a group can be deadly bad for your efficiency, if its a high blue maybe it's worth it. You should try to find a place that is right at your level if you're in a full 6 man group. white cons, occasional blue, occasional yellow, I'd rather have yellows/white mostly than blues mostly, even if its harder.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

So, you joined a full group and roamed around mostly low ZEM zones, are under the impression that outdoor spiders can be claimed as a camp, tolerated killing blue monsters in said 6-man xp split, also, in said low ZEM zones... then come here to complain about “those people” and missing out on all the phat loot spider silks ???

Are you a troll or just as bad as the people you came to rant about ?
Old 12-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you joined a full group and roamed around mostly low ZEM zones, are under the impression that outdoor spiders can be claimed as a camp, tolerated killing blue monsters in said 6-man xp split, also, in said low ZEM zones... then come here to complain about “those people” and missing out on all the phat loot spider silks ???

Are you a troll or just as bad as the people you came to rant about ?
Well, I'll ignore the rest of your post since I don't need hate in my life. But for the spiders: I see people obviously camping a spawn, like crag spiders, and I am not going to interfere with them. I'll move on.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I'll ignore the rest of your post since I don't need hate in my life. But for the spiders: I see people obviously camping a spawn, like crag spiders, and I am not going to interfere with them. I'll move on.
Lol.
“Doesn’t need hate in his life,” yet makes a six paragraph thread in a public forum, condemning players who very well could recognize their own involvement in said post.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Answer is blues/whites.
Context is important though. I'm guessing OP is talking about killing blues but also throwing in the odd yellow or red con here and there as they find them. You can do that all day without issue.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Who are these people? Probably just people who are newer to the game who have not spent years of their prime lives in Norrath. Why does that bother you so?
Old 12-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Someone running right past good camps? Amazing. We need more of these. That way the good camps are open.