Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

There would be times on Tallon Zek that you help a same team guild in PVP just for fun by yourself, and the other guild would appreciate it, so even if you aren't a guild member you become friendly with others. On this box every crew is against every newb.

Different teams had different areas locked down so people would huddle together to stay safe etc, forms community n shit not just running around solo soaking up the classic.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The overall problem is the game is inaccessible to normal people.

No friends/guild potential because the guild crews have basically been formed over the years.

EXP is brutal, normal people don't want to play a hardcore low pop PVP box against only sick fucks and invest an insane amount of time to do it.

Even experienced veterans who were stoked about a new box said ehh fuck it, new players have like 0 chance of making it.

There would be exploits with teams though and mechanic issues no doubt, ffa raid zones maybe? Wahh custom.
I dunno, just throw the towel and stop launching new servers i guess? Maybe my assesment is wrong but i think its possible we could get an actual pop. Maybe not. But the MMO scene is so bad, theres no competition. I recently played FF14 on ps4 and it was a nice surprise because i got hooked on a mmo again, on a console of all things.

I was trying to get hyped about buying a new PC, looked at games and like lol, theres nothing im excited about! Bought a ps4 to try the exclusives like RDR2, spiderman and god of war. Ended up playing FF14, by far the game ive played the most hours. Its not even that good of a game, just fun to explore the mechanics like crafting and think how some parts could be salvaged for a new MMO.

If there was a new hot classic-y MMO then maybe i would say no chances, but its shit.

Im not gonna bitch either way whatever is chosen. Im just gonna look at the final ruleset and decide if im going to give it a go or not by playing like a week (unless i feel ruleset is totally hopeless) and getting a feel for where i think things are going.

Just giving some feedback, hopefully we can have a non-trolly talk about it, have some good pros and cons unpacking and best case scenario have one last shot at an actual EQ pvp box before we all hang our jerseys.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-17-2020 at 07:01 PM..
Old 01-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

The teams is worthwhile to have people need to take care of their fellow team mates.

We won't do a sullon zek server with EVIL team. The East vs West or whatever would be a better way that splits the evil races and such.

PERSONALLY I would rather do a server WITHOUT legacy items. No items that are planned on getting implemented at time X and then nerfed at time Y. I don't like the kinda suicidal rush pressure that causes and the awkward currency of "youz guyzes can't even git dis no mo"

Rather just make the server straight up, with no planned nerf time lines. This would also make it more accessible to normals that haven't learned from p99 launch and subsequent relaunches all about the legacy timeline stuff that you need to get before time X.

This all coming from a guised up manabone holding multiple firepots bound on red and blue weirdo.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

TBH after like 1000 years to forget why i am not spending any time on red99 anymore, I am starting to feel like I might as well just go play again.

I'm not going to, but most of these schemes aren't going to give us a better time than red99.

My only regret here is that I didn't go ballz to the wall on the Red99 Beta. I played it for a good while and then took a break to wait for balance changes to test. I came to check for any patch updates and the server had launched with almost zero changes after what felt like a 20 year beta. I dunno why they didn't actually beta test all the stuff and give people level 30 characters to play with, fix guards aggro and all the important stuff for PVP. Instead they just launched it.

I just wish I did red 99 beta hardcore, and never played again.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Unfortunately, you all are kidding yourselves. I've lost faith in the administration...they clearly don't care enough about PVP. It will be at least a couple more years before the Red dog gets a bone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, you all are kidding yourselves. I've lost faith in the administration...they clearly don't care enough about PVP. It will be at least a couple more years before the Red dog gets a bone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/shrug i must have logged under 5 times here the last 3 years. Only yesterday did i notice new servers, possibility of new red one. The only thing i really hope, that theyve learned from the red launch debacle and it wont be exactly that, just a bone thrown. That they will take time to read suggestions, feedback, debate pros and con and decide after all that.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Teams to be decided, but lock it to vanilla and level 50 until it shows any surge of interest and only then maybe add Kunark as a final destination.

Also item loot.

Add in some kind of pvp points system and make it seasonal.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Banned

Guilds are teams.

Just when a guild falls apart you have other options and aren't stuck on a dead faction.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams to be decided, but lock it to vanilla and level 50 until it shows any surge of interest and only then maybe add Kunark as a final destination.

Also item loot.

Add in some kind of pvp points system and make it seasonal.
yup, exactly. without custom tuned content past kunark the gear/raid gap gets to large. PVP servers shouldnt be able to gear gap. it kills pvp.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Hi my name is Stasis, I play 10 hours a week at random hours, and don't like raiding.

Which guild(team) am I applying to? Oh right none.

Teams I log on, a guild on my team is trying to do fear but people are fighting them, might as well go help them out and have some fun.

FFA always turns out the same, it's like the real world in a way. you want a neckbeard who shows up every week who is reliable, why even bother with a casual newb.

And this applies to all casuals.
Closed Thread