Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The population of each of those places is like 20,000. So this is now your argument? The rural population of the US is like 20%. Very intelligent.....small news markets are the problem not the large ones that market to 75% of the population and do so on 90% of the channels.
Do you understand how voting works? How about Gerrymandering? This is how Trump won the election with a massive disparity in popular vote. This is how the Republicans have controlled elections despite having fewer voters.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you understand how voting works? How about Gerrymandering? This is how Trump won the election with a massive disparity in popular vote. This is how the Republicans have controlled elections despite having fewer voters.
Do you understand how diversity works? There isn't much diversity in the state of California (40million people + 20 million in NY, 60 million people is what you are at. Throw 3-4 other populous states in there and now you are ignoring a large portion of other states. If you want 3-10 states being able to vote based on what they want versus the other 40ish, agree what with you are saying. Regions do matter. State lines do matter based on demographics and terrain.

Where did Trump Gerrymander? Curious as to what you are even talking about? Electoral vote is the law and if you are arguing against it, you are arguing against the law and being a whiner because your candidate didn't win this time. Democrats have won with that method in the past, they just didn't this time.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you understand how diversity works? There isn't much diversity in the state of California (40million people + 20 million in NY, 60 million people is what you are at. Throw 3-4 other populous states in there and now you are ignoring a large portion of other states. If you want 3-10 states being able to vote based on what they want versus the other 40ish, agree what with you are saying. Regions do matter. State lines do matter based on demographics and terrain.

Where did Trump Gerrymander? Curious as to what you are even talking about? Electoral vote is the law and if you are arguing against it, you are arguing against the law and being a whiner because your candidate didn't win this time. Democrats have won with that method in the past, they just didn't this time.
Elections are more than just presidential... They start at the local level. Local television/news being controlled by one party leads to election victories. Gerrymandering follows. Disenfranchisement generally follows that. It's a cycle that takes an immense amount of momentum to overcome.

People assume their local news is unbiased and has their best interest at heart.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was no massive disparity. Trump won the game you’re supposed to play. If the popular vote was the vote to win he would have campaigned more in NY and California. Totally different game to play. I’m sorry you lost and are in position to lose again. Try not to continue being a sore loser.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Banned

Feniin I’m also pretty shocked you’re able to post this much while being the head of a family. Your thanksgiving was like this also. This has been another all day bender. This isn’t an attack. I’m concerned for you. We love u.
Last edited by Teppler; 12-06-2019 at 12:09 AM..
Old 12-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feniin I’m also pretty shocked you’re able to post this much while being the head of a family. Your thanksgiving was like this also. This has been another all day bender. This isn’t an attack. I’m concerned for you. We love u.
Shame you can't find someone to share a life with you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Shame you can't find someone to share a life with you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really do wonder if anyone makes a comment on a day like today when you go nuts.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Elections are more than just presidential... They start at the local level. Local television/news being controlled by one party leads to election victories. Gerrymandering follows. Disenfranchisement generally follows that. It's a cycle that takes an immense amount of momentum to overcome.

People assume their local news is unbiased and has their best interest at heart.
Right and it sways back and forth. Look up the history of control of legislatures and you'll find that it switches all the time. Most people are conservative when it comes to local government. Here in Austin, when they allowed the homeless to set up camp on the streets, it took 3 months before there were complaints to the Republican governor to have it removed. Everyone I knew complained about it, no matter the political affiliation. It was blocks of tents and they abused it.

75% of the population lives in cities. Most people have multiple channels. Social media is probably the largest news source today. ABC, MSNBC, Showtime, Comedy Central, all the news sources I stated earlier have social media accounts. My grandmother in small town Texas at 89 years old is on social media.

I agree that most people I've talked to in the work place, traveling, and plenty more are either Republican or secret Republicans. I don't even really watch local news that often unless I'm traveling and watching something in the morning while I'm getting ready. My experience is that people are just sick of the whistle blowing. Your favorite comedian is now a racist or homophobe. Chris Pratt is secretly a racist for wearing a come and take it shirt. It goes on and on. When you consistently see media on things you enjoy, you start disliking the person always calling it out. We don't need the thought police.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

You could also make the same argument for MSN. Microsoft Edge is utilized by a good portion of companies and installed on thousands upon thousands of PC's. When you open up Microsoft Edge, where does it take you? MSN home. Go to MSN home and count the Anti-Trump articles. Then count the Pro Trump articles. Make an assessment. Get back to us.

Not a conspiracy but slowly brainwashing the minds of millions from marketing and bias.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
You could also make the same argument for MSN. Microsoft Edge is utilized by a good portion of companies and installed on thousands upon thousands of PC's. When you open up Microsoft Edge, where does it take you? MSN home. Go to MSN home and count the Anti-Trump articles. Then count the Pro Trump articles. Make an assessment. Get back to us.

Not a conspiracy but slowly brainwashing the minds of millions from marketing and bias.
But the Sinclair Group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] All those examples of them brainwashing people
Closed Thread