Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, like any other drop that has been nerfed, he rarely has it so he can't backstab you with fists.
Is this true? Rogue npcs don't need daggers to backstab.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Dorn was never an undercon. He just spawned with the dagger sometimes. Noobs didn't know what that meant.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:00 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dorn was never an undercon. He just spawned with the dagger sometimes. Noobs didn't know what that meant.
Somehow you know, why?
Old 12-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Kobold

On Blue when I was camping him it seemed like he hit harder with the dagger than without.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Dorn in NRO is a warrior mob, with varying difficulty due to his level variance. He isn’t particularly strong/weak for his level just a normal lvl 14-16 warrior NPC. He shouldn’t backstab.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

You are correct, I checked my logs and he never backstabbed. My mistake! I apologize for spreading a false narrative.

Maybe I conflated him with Korvik the Cursed in North Karana, another level 15ish mob who does backstab:

[Thu Oct 31 14:19:03 2019] Korvik the Cursed backstabs YOU for 82 points of damage.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Kobold

Back on live I specifically remember both Dorn and Dvinn being really hard targets to kill. Not so much here, even against poorly geared melee.

As an example, my buddy who also played back in 99 with me, took his 35 Paladin with a Ghoulbane to Crushbone, to kill Dvinn, and be had to use an entire mana bar + LOH to kill him. I sat there and watched the entire thing.

Not only were these two strong physically but defensively as well.
Last edited by Netherzul; 12-09-2019 at 05:01 AM..
Old 12-09-2019, 05:04 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hes an undercon on p99 hits very hard for his level, unfortunately for him half the server are druids who just root rot him making that fact irrelevant
It seemed to be like back on live, even still in 2002/ Luclin/PoP era...that the famous undercons like Dorn and Ambassador Dvinn still had pretty high MR even when they were green cons?

PS. My past experience on oldschool live is the same as Netherzul's. They could quickly wipe the floor with a solo caster even at high green con if they were resisting MR spells a lot like I seem to remember^^
Last edited by Asteria; 12-09-2019 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Addendum
Old 12-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

The game overall is way easier than live and the ZEMs in dungeons are way way higher. I'll grant that I was shit 20 years ago but taking 3 months to hit level 20 and dying at least two or three times a play session was the norm. Now, playing a tank with a hybrid penalty I'm 30 already and die maybe once every three sessions
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Orc

jan 7 2002
Quote:
OMG this guy is undercon from hell, at around lvl 24 or so i belive i can solo him, but not till then, man ran into him tonight had to run my ars off too, i was playing my supertwinked lvl 17 monk procing at 75dd a couple of tiems during fight, had mend up and everything, only was able to take him to half health = (. anyways for you druid, you cant solo him till you getto a higher lvl also, really hard, i know my enchanter can, but wtf, he is lvl 46 hahaha.. hope that helps
Quote:
At level 38 I still have a very tough time rooting and snaring Dorn (maybe 1 in 3 sticks) and nukes hit for an average of 50%. Seems to have in the ballpark of 500-600hp if I recall.
Quote:
I was able to kill Dorn at lvl 21 as a warrior (untwinked). He hits hard and often also you rarely land a hit. If he has his dragoon dirk don't bother unles your 24 or higher...or nicely twinked. Don't even think of getting a lvl 10 to 13 group together (since that is the lvl range of nro players) to try and kill dorn. A lvl 13 tank will get killed real fast and then the rest of the group will soon be dead as well. If your hunting at derv and dorn pops shout for a higher lvl to come kill him. If nobody is in zone to kill him go to EC or Oasis to get someone to come kill him. Trust me it's not worth trying to kill him till at least he cons light blue to you.

Ministef Skyhawk lvl 26 war
E'ci server
From allakhazam
Closed Thread