Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually tell people that I won't do it for less than a certain amount of plat, and they get to decide if the price is worth it. Some pay more, some pay exactly, and some flip out and accuse me of greed. I play EQ to have fun and being able to port myself and friends/groupmates around is part of that fun. Working as a taxi like it's my job is NOT fun, so the port has to be worth my while - I have no plans to go zone-to-zone advertising teleports.

Mana regen is impossible to come by right now, but that's just one factor at play. The request for a teleport is basically saying "sacrifice some of your (the druid/wizard) time to save me a lot of my time". If saving you that time isn't worth double-digit platinum at the very least, then I don't think you need a port.

Not really as any counter to anything you've said but just talking really. I've seen through guild, on stream, talk in the wild lots of wizzies/druids talking about making "Mad Stacks" of cash from porting lol. Sounds to me like over the course of any given day they are payed plenty well for their time? @shrugs@

I'd love to make Mad Stacks of cash, whatever that is lol. I shoulda rolled a druid first as well like everybody else.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Kobold

20-25pp, offered up front, has generally always gotten me ports with no complaints
Old 12-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This thread, as a new player, is very helpful to me. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Here's what people in this thread don't get... you can go to hhk and kill ONE level 25 guard and get 10 plat off just that kill. Kill 4-5 guards at level 40 over 2 mins and you have 50 plat. Therefore it's reasonable when the game gives ways to farm 50 plat in less than 5 minutes that you can tip that much.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's what people in this thread don't get... you can go to hhk and kill ONE level 25 guard and get 10 plat off just that kill. Kill 4-5 guards at level 40 over 2 mins and you have 50 plat. Therefore it's reasonable when the game gives ways to farm 50 plat in less than 5 minutes that you can tip that much.
BUT some of us have our reputation to worry about and must always remain honourable in the face of temptation.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Skeleton

I tip on average 10-15p a port. Ive never had a mad druid. If Ive got less than 10 on me on a new alt I tell them. Its not like theres a shared bank right now so it takes time sometimes to move plat to an alt. Even then, my "main" is 28. Spells are research only with stupid material costs. I feel like 10-15 is fair. If I have to call a druid to meet me or pick me up I usually pay double.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... I suppose.

Or, you could go to HH like I did yesterday, spend 20 minutes helping someone I've never met do a lore Shield transfer in Rivervale for a mule and refuse plat because I just want to be helpful.

Or, you could also spend 40 minutes and 50 plat trying to get a level 7 SK across the continent because you felt guilty about accidentally getting him killed.

I mean - if earning potential is everything, then - yeah - you're right. But I get the point and have adjusted my tactics. After all, I paid 50pp to get that level 7 ported from Qeynos to WC after he died.

(Edit: And I'm still level 19, so that 50pp represented a huge chunk of change for me.)
Last edited by bolobaby; 12-08-2019 at 12:18 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Kobold

As Evia said, it helps to be straight up about what you are willing to tip when asking for the port. That way, there are no misunderstandings.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Blue server I do /split 80 before port.

Teal server I am poor so I offered 6pp for my monk to be ported at 14 from WC to BB, I sent the tell with the offered amount as I felt it was low.

I do find using /split saves everyone time as long as it's just the two of you in group.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Always gotta mention you used /split, even on blue there were tons of newer DaP's who didn't know it existed or notice the green text.
Closed Thread