Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Best cash farming class with limited play time?

Hello everyone!

I've recently heard about the Teal server and am excited to hop in and start a character up. For the next 6-8 months however, I will have very limited play time; maybe 2 hours per day? Considering that, I've decided it would be best for me to first start with a character that I can solo easily with, as well as make the most money I can within my limited play window. Then sometime next year when I have much more free time, I can choose to a more group oriented class and deck it out with items bought from the first characters money farming.

I figure since I can only play a couple hours a day max, then it's probably best to avoid farming named mobs or rare items. Rather, I think I should focus more on farming coin itself, or items I can vendor, like FS weapons or gems etc.

So my question for all you veterans are, which class would be best for someone in my situation? I figure it has to be either Druid, Mage, Necro, or Shaman... but not sure which overall would be the better choice.

I was hoping to hear some opinions and suggestions from you guys to help me decide which class would suit what I want to do the most.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to reading your replies!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Aviak

I play Necro because I got AFK at random and FD is such a life saver.

I have been solo from 1 to about 34 and no issues with money. The fastest way to make money honestly is just to lvl since you will make plat so much faster at higher lvls.

Guards drop FS weps that sell anything from 5-10p and are in simple spots to farm.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play Necro because I got AFK at random and FD is such a life saver.

I have been solo from 1 to about 34 and no issues with money. The fastest way to make money honestly is just to lvl since you will make plat so much faster at higher lvls.

Guards drop FS weps that sell anything from 5-10p and are in simple spots to farm.
If you're adept at this you should make a "guard killing" guide like the "6 minute bard diet" page =D
Old 12-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Necro.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

If you want to maximize your time I'd say enchanter.

Reliable single pulls and CC indoors and outdoors, faction adjusting spells and illusions to make repairing factions you've wrecked repairable, in demand as both DPS and CC for most high level groups that aren't limited on mobs, best charisma for maximizing vendoring items for plat, access to undercon mobs in many zones that make duoing with a priest very easy or that can be memblurred and allowed to heal up before a recharm.

If you don't like the risk of charm, necro is your best bet, but they're weak at root rotting at present so they don't fair so well in tight spaces or in areas with pathing issues - which is pretty much every dungeon and any zone that isn't as flat as the Karanas.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Banned

Probably necro at the moment .. though those spells can cost you a fortune!
Old 12-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Necro
http://wiki.project1999.com/Ultimate...ng_Money_Guide
Old 12-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Early on.... rogue.

Later on.... also rogue probably.

Also gnome.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone!

I've recently heard about the Teal server and am excited to hop in and start a character up. For the next 6-8 months however, I will have very limited play time; maybe 2 hours per day? Considering that, I've decided it would be best for me to first start with a character that I can solo easily with, as well as make the most money I can within my limited play window. Then sometime next year when I have much more free time, I can choose to a more group oriented class and deck it out with items bought from the first characters money farming.

I figure since I can only play a couple hours a day max, then it's probably best to avoid farming named mobs or rare items. Rather, I think I should focus more on farming coin itself, or items I can vendor, like FS weapons or gems etc.

So my question for all you veterans are, which class would be best for someone in my situation? I figure it has to be either Druid, Mage, Necro, or Shaman... but not sure which overall would be the better choice.

I was hoping to hear some opinions and suggestions from you guys to help me decide which class would suit what I want to do the most.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to reading your replies!
Stick to FQ and FQ only.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Druid for ports, better to do that than rely on guard camps being open.
Closed Thread