Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Large Bat

Default Want to avoid any possible ban - Illegal boxing

I want to make absolutely certain that I never find myself in a situation of getting my account banned after putting so much time into it. The thought went across my head that in certain situations you may very well be innocent and still get banned. Please help me clarify what would happen in these situations if a guide were to investigate.

1) You are in a 6 man group and one of the participants is boxing two characters unknown to you. How does a guide determine who gets banned?

2) You are in a group with a friend who is boxing two characters, just the three of you. Obviously in this situation you are aware of what is going on. Do all three get banned?

I have heard a guide may ask all players to perform actions in game that will denote a actual person behind them. You cannot control two characters at once if you are boxing. But for those who do follow the commands, are they safe and the one who doesn't get banned? How does this work?
Old 01-17-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

My understanding based on things I've seen people post before (and it could be incorrect, don't know for sure) is that the staff have various pieces of information that get logged by the .dll file that P99 uses, which includes things like your IP (and whether it's a VPN IP of not) and PC ID. They can also see the IPs that have logged into your account in the past I believe. (Staff, sorry if this isn't supposed to be discussed. If it shouldn't be, just message me and I will delete)

What that means is, if you're in a group with people who are boxing, they should be able to tell that you're not part of the box. The info they will have on your account, for instance, would show that you've never used any of the IPs or PC IDs that those boxing accounts have, etc.

I think. Again, I don't know how they track stuff so I'm just going off what other people on the forums have said and extrapolating from it. But essentially, I would not worry that you will be flagged as a boxer just because other people in your group are. As far as knowing your friend is boxing and not reporting it...I don't know. Assuming you admitted to being aware (otherwise not sure how they'd know...unless it was just super obvious), maybe you would get a suspension? Not sure, never seen the issue come up on the forums in my experience.

With respect to your last question, they would target the characters that are suspected of boxing and make them do the test. I can't speak for the staff here, but when I was CSR back in the live days and we were asked to stop some potential boxing if it was causing zone disruptions, we would generally go invis and watch for a bit to visually confirm whether their were suspect activities going on. I assume that if the staff are at the point where they're asking for a boxing test to be run, they have been there observing the characters in question already. It can often be relatively obvious that people are boxing once you are watching them in person; therefore, they would likely be able to tell that your character wasn't part of the boxing.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you arent boxing you wont be banned wtf is this about
OP's post = I'm/somebody I know is boxing. If I'm just benefiting from the crime how much distance do I need to not be caught up in the punishment?
Old 01-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP's post = I'm/somebody I know is boxing. If I'm just benefiting from the crime how much distance do I need to not be caught up in the punishment?
Either that or he's been in groups where random people he doesn't know might be boxing and he's worried about being considered part of the boxers.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:25 PM
Kobold

If you know of boxing and don’t report the thought police will find out and ban you.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

I am sure your convenient elfpal roomate/brother will not get you banned. You may proceed.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Banned

pervert powder, not even once.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

If you are knowingly playing with a boxer without reporting them, especially if its on multiple occasions,you deserve to be banned too. It's like people being boosted by cheaters in other games. Not just the cheater per se gets banned but so do the people enlisting and benefitting from the people cheating. You obviously have been doing this and I hope you get punished for it.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either that or he's been in groups where random people he doesn't know might be boxing and he's worried about being considered part of the boxers.
If you think people are boxing just hecking report them...
Old 01-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Its a thought crime. Which means the guide comes in, nukes the two cheaters, leaving you alone to wallow in your own hopelessness.