Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

I heard elderan lies awake at night, unable to sleep, in feverish sweats since the announcement of t99.

pls have compassion
Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard elderan lies awake at night, unable to sleep, in feverish sweats since the announcement of t99.

pls have compassion
Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.
LOL... FTE... on a PvP server??? I guess the only hope is to have three teams where you are allowed to attack your own teammates. You wouldn't be able to group or guild outside your team but you have the option of attacking anybody on the server that's within level range. I actually like this idea. No bluebie PvP protection, just divide it into teams so the whole server can't be in one guild. Otherwise Elderan is correct, Teams will be just as bloob as current server.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Six months in the new server will be closer to the blue server than a pvp server.

When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.

Just understand this will be required for T99. The thing that everyone hates most about Blue.
Lets worry about having a server popular enough to field multiple raid-level guilds for each team before we worry about how to deal with them.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... FTE... on a PvP server??? I guess the only hope is to have three teams where you are allowed to attack your own teammates. You wouldn't be able to group or guild outside your team but you have the option of attacking anybody on the server that's within level range. I actually like this idea. No bluebie PvP protection, just divide it into teams so the whole server can't be in one guild. Otherwise Elderan is correct, Teams will be just as bloob as current server.
I think this is an idea that should be kept on the shelf and possibly implemented down the line if necessary. I also think it should probably be isolated to level 50+. But being able to attack your own faction at the high end while still being unable to group or assist enemy factions would definitely make for an interesting political dynamic between guilds.

Or failing that, perhaps some sort of GM-forced /guildwar between guilds of the same faction that couldn't play nice together.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

teams are gay shut the fuck up about it already
Old 11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Wasn't too big of an issue on SZ. Was a problem for a while for the evils as mentioned with Hate/Vindictive. But in the end, each team had 1 top guild. The top tier guilds recruited from the lesser guilds in order to compete in pve/pvp.

The biggest issue with T99 will be players staying loyal to their team. People re-rolling to team ez is what killed SZ. Red99 has already shown that the majority of the population is only loyal to pixels.

While I'm excited for teams, I'm just wondering how long until 75% of the pop. is on 1 team.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't too big of an issue on SZ. Was a problem for a while for the evils as mentioned with Hate/Vindictive. But in the end, each team had 1 top guild. The top tier guilds recruited from the lesser guilds in order to compete in pve/pvp.

The biggest issue with T99 will be players staying loyal to their team. People re-rolling to team ez is what killed SZ. Red99 has already shown that the majority of the population is only loyal to pixels.

While I'm excited for teams, I'm just wondering how long until 75% of the pop. is on 1 team.
lock people into teams per IP
Old 11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Oh and when teams get lopsided. T99 will require training but that won't happen legally.
Closed Thread