Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a pretty spot on description of what most alarti post reads like, i was amused when i realized no one else saw the irony.
not even close, but your inability to separate your opinion from fact is noted.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeanicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you too fucking stupid to use a computer or a telephone to use the exchanges to find a better or comparable plan? Or do you just want to join in with the old White Republicans playing "Smear the ******?" I think I know which one you want.
Or maybe he did and it still sucked? I checked the exchanges for the hell of it. Would have been 2x the cost for an inferior plan. So even if my current plan were to double in price, I'd stick with it. However, I'm one of the lucky ones, and my plan is only going up by about 25%.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infuriati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old enough to know that I was within an age range to fuck your mother while you suckled from her titty.

Don't worry though I was quiet.
Besides being creepy, how did someone make it to 40+ years old without figuring out that voting is a fucking joke?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obamacare, ACA, whatever you want to call it is potentially good in atleast the short term for many poor people.

From the point of view from a middle class family man: my employer (largest company in our industry) couldn't (refused to) afford the taxes on the plan they offered us starting in 2014. They are phasing out our PPO plan and offering a lower premium HMO plan with a 6x sized deductible.

I'm going from the mentality of, "Hey, if shit happens my family is covered." to "Hope we don't get sick this year."
Did they break down the costs?

I work for a rather large ERP and retail software company and the ACA costs were described as such a small contributor to the total increase that it was really barely worth mentioning. From the presentation:

-Aging population and increased average lifespan
-Technology improvements and the cost associated with treating complex conditions
-Rise of complex biologic medications pushing Rx spend upward
-Health industry consolidation increased 50% in past few years (e.g. hospital mergers) as fewer markets compete for patients
-Health Care Reform – additional coverage requirements; Patient Centered Outcomes Research fees (2013 & 2014) and Transition Reinsurance fees (2014-2016) paid by Epicor.

Now, what many companies are doing is using this as an opportunity to push you off onto the exchanges, since the cost savings to the company would be immense. Companies may publicly say they hate the ACA, but behind closed doors, they love it.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One last thought before bedtime, what has the government put their hands in (other than national security) that didn't turn into a mismanaged disaster? Provide examples with any dissenting opinions please.
One could argue that the way they've dealt with National Security in the last 50 years has both jeopardized our safety and cost us a great deal financially.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Obama is a fuckin SAINT

pras
Old 11-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What has the government put their hands in (other than national security) that didn't turn into a mismanaged disaster? Provide examples with any dissenting opinions please.
Healthcare, in every other developed country but our own.

The scientific development of nuclear weapons and nuclear energy.

Transit to the moon.

CERN.

A system of public freeways spanning our continent.

Hoover dam.

National and global weather forecasting apparatus.

US Geological Survey.

National parks.

China's One Child Policy, which despite some negative collateral effects, helped alleviate uncontrollable overpopulation in an already overpopulated region, contributing to the prevention of 200-400 million births.

Chinese currency/economic manipulation that is systematically destroying the unprotected American middle class.

But then, most countries don't have a centuries-long streak of an obstructionist, dumbfuck, anti-gov GOP undermining the efficacy of the government.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

so government creates nukes, prevents you from having children, and uses economic manipulation to turn you into an industrial slave?

THANKS GOVERNMENT
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so government creates nukes,
Nuclear energy as well, leading to nuclear medicine, nuclear imaging, and nuclear reactors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prevents you from having children
During a population crisis, creating benefits for subsequent generations and the world as a whole, with 200-400 million less people polluting the fuck out of the Earth.

Quote:
and uses economic manipulation to turn you into an industrial slave?
The manipulation was intended to sap economic health from overseas, industrial slavery is a trait of Chinese status as a developing country with poor education, poor infrastructure, and a heavily rural populace. We went through the same thing when our economy developed.

Note that our own manipulation of the dollar as a reserve currency is one of the last defenses of our steadily declining standard of living.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Transit to the moon.

Chinese currency/economic manipulation that is systematically destroying the unprotected American middle class.
The first one is very apt given your avatar. Of course, what could we have done with that $25B of 1960's dollars instead of send people to the moon? How about an extra 50 years worth of cancer research. The government is great at showing you what it has done, but it's impossible to show what could have been if not for their theft of our money.

And the second one is just plain stupid. Do you really believe what you just said? China is preparing to allow its currency to appreciate, in preparation for delinking from the USD entirely. If your theory is true, we should see fantastic times ahead for the American middle class. Instead, this is the beginning of the end.
Closed Thread