Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default [Necro] XP Camps for Fast Leveling (30s)

Hey everybody.

I posted a month or so back about necro solo spots and got a ton of suggestions and also cross referenced them with guides on the wiki and stuff. I tried pretty much all of them and found some of my own but the main reason for my post is to try to figure out why some camps are so highly rated, where I found the XP to be just awful.

I ended up just opening up the ZEM and using that to go from 29 to 33, most of my levels are from Highkeep Guards and Unrest basement/tower. The XP is just absolutely insane, 2% a kill, sometimes 3% a kill, undead also seem to have low hp.

I tried the famous Misty Thickey guards at 30, 31 and 32. I am not really counting lvl 30 much cuz of the hell level factor. But I can't figure out why this camp is so highly regarded unless its purely about the plat making aspect. The XP is just bad to me. 1% a kill , 1.5% for Asler (the higher level one) at lvl 32. They also seem to have higher resists which makes me have to wait for mana more.

I guess the main point of my post is do you guys think there is any zones with bad ZEM (outdoor zone) that can out perform a high ZEM zone like Highkeep or Unrest or Upper guk based on something like .... more mob availability, less risk of death, less down time, faster respawn etc. etc.

I know these factors must be what makes outdoor zones attractive versus flat out high XP rate zones. I'm close to 34 so I was hoping I could move to something new, but I am going for speed more than anything and it seems like Undead Tower in Unrest or Highkeep guards are just impossible to beat for Max XP gain. I'd love to hear any ideas for something else though.

The closest thing I have found is maybe Overthere by the Skyfire ramp. I did about 25% in maybe 90-100 mins, but I had POTG from a druid and was killing yellows... so that won't be normal. I am guessing with 34 Lich and the mobs being blue/white I will be able to kill extremely fast there, so I think that might be the ticket (just spit balling here)

Anyway -- just wanted to start a discussion about these different aspects of the many camps in the game at this level range. One thing that is true -- no matter how populated HK or Unrest or any high pop zone is --- as a solo class there is always something to kill off the beaten path.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Aviak

Ocean of Tears Erollosi (sp?) sisters is mediocre exp until 34-35 but you absolutely cannot beat the money.

Once you're high enough (34-35?) you can solo the hag tower in Unrest and it is hands down the best exp in the game at that level for a solo necro. Hags will carry you to 40 if you choose, although it can often be camped which is unfortunate as there isn't much else around Unrest.

If you have the balls, Kaesora church area is also good exp, followed by Lower Guk dead side by Sage/Cavalier/Executioner once you hit your low 40s.

TLDR - Dungeons!!! You're a Necro, go into a hole and use that high ZEM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

Synthrax in field of bone til 38 and then kaesora ramp/church area til 45. At that point move to Lguk
Old 07-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

+1 for Kaesora. I'm pretty sure i stayed there from 38-46. Start in the tunnel that leads to the library. There's 5 static mobs and 1 roamer. Once you get the hang of it and a few levels, you can start to pull mobs around the library. The only issue here is the Warders are clerics and will cast GH. I found it best to break charm, undead fear or ST, and finish off. The undead nuke takes to long to cast and the warder will GH itself before it lands. These undead drop plenty of FS, gems, Truesilver (which can vendor for several 100pp), the weight reduction bag, and the 2hs sword that vendors for like 350pp as well. I'm pretty sure I was getting 2% per kill as well.

Once you're in your low 40's you can move to the church. There's usually someone there camping Xalgoz but they never mind if you pull the mobs around the PH. You can also get your fang while you're here. I'm pretty sure I picked up around 20 lifetap sticks while I was here and chanters will buy them up np at 50pp each. The experience slows down 46+ but you could probably stay till 50 if you wanted.

Imo every necro should run through kaesora, at least for a few levels, to get used to charming. Outside fear kiting is painfully slow and boring, and it will not prep you for HS when it comes time. One piece of advice I can give should you take this route is to keep root refreshed all the time. It's definitely unreliable before you get PE at 49.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Curious what your pre-root strategy for HK guards is?
Old 07-23-2018, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious what your pre-root strategy for HK guards is?
Just depends on my level.... but the fact that it is usually camped up the wazoo makes it really easy to fear kite in there. There are risks of respawns at bad times or if snare runs out it runs downstairs and pulls the bank area and you die. The XP was so fast I ignored the risks.

I usually sit in the safe hall in the back (first left after vendor) and pull either the first room with the 6 min respawn guard and the one that starts with "L" to the corner of the safe hall, cast fear, and they usually come back before aggro'ing others.

You can do this with the 2 front guards, the one near vendor and the one heading towards the back steps. You have to avoid the one across from vendor because he's 3-4 levels higher. Just use screaming terror / FD to split if needed.

Once you are around 28 you can do all the guards on the first floor. Again - split with Screaming terror. Once you get the Dooming Darkness snare, the higher slow % stops them from going upstairs or basement.

IF you are too scared to fear kite, you can just use 1 DoT + Pet + Spirit Tap tank them. You go thru 50% of your mana but its still 3% a kill.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Halfling guards are really good exp in misty. Once you are able to break the gate you can kill 5 guards every 6 minutes. 4 guards at the gate and one more in the tower. To get the guard in the tower, climb a little ways up the hill and start clicking at the top of the tower until you select the guard. Send your pet in and then pull the guard back. This will save you loads of time and help you avoid Ella foodcrafter. Spears sell for 10pp each and you can sell them in misty through the window at the top of fools gold. Just make sure you are in skeleton form.

Specters in oasis and feerrott are also really good. Probably some of the best exp you can get.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Aviak

In West Freeport, under the arena there are 2 lvl 35 human mobs on a 6:30 timer and another that walks the ring around the arena itself. They drop FS all the time. Great exp/pp camp for the level if you don’t mind the faction hits
Old 07-25-2018, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

I liked Crystal Caverns. 30-34 kill orcs at the top of the cavern. 34-39 kill the terrors just past the little dwarf area, 39-44 kill geo's if you dont plan on getting the Phenocyst crystal thing.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling guards are really good exp in misty. Once you are able to break the gate you can kill 5 guards every 6 minutes. 4 guards at the gate and one more in the tower. To get the guard in the tower, climb a little ways up the hill and start clicking at the top of the tower until you select the guard. Send your pet in and then pull the guard back. This will save you loads of time and help you avoid Ella foodcrafter. Spears sell for 10pp each and you can sell them in misty through the window at the top of fools gold. Just make sure you are in skeleton form.

Specters in oasis and feerrott are also really good. Probably some of the best exp you can get.
So in your opinion, the lack of bonus experience thru ZEM in these zones does not effect the speed of XP gain because of faster spawns? I did AC in Upper Guk and killed the 5 frog spawns (usually 3 green 2 blue) in addition to the 2-4 AC crocs that are all blue. That XP just seems insane because of the Modifier.

I will try Misty again, it seemed just bad at 31-32-33 , but maybe since I am higher now, I can kill faster and have less resists and in turn gain more XP over time.
Closed Thread