Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 02:47 AM
Orc

Default Howling Stones - how much traffic?

I'm thinking of moving to HS after I hit 54 (currently 53 in KC). Before I do the key quest though, how much traffic is there at the basement? Will I be reasonably able to solo most of the time, or are the camps very contested?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephazz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking of moving to HS after I hit 54 (currently 53 in KC). Before I do the key quest though, how much traffic is there at the basement? Will I be reasonably able to solo most of the time, or are the camps very contested?
What class are you? I have been soloing the basement quite a bit on my now lvl 54 enchanter and it has been really good exp wise. I can usually clear out the main room and one of the tunnels before repop solo. I haven’t had any troubles finding a spot, unless there is a group down there no one can really clear the whole thing (I think)
Old 10-24-2018, 03:26 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class are you?
Necro.

I just wanted to find out if it makes sense for me to go through the trouble of getting a key if I will not really be able to put it to use. Seems like I should try it, though.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephazz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro.

I just wanted to find out if it makes sense for me to go through the trouble of getting a key if I will not really be able to put it to use. Seems like I should try it, though.
I would do it at least. I got the fang while exping in kaesora but it shouldn’t take very long do as long as no one is camping it. HS will be good up to 60 and even after that so see it as an investment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2018, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

Yes get your key. It's the best xp in the game for a necro. If basement is camped, sometimes the basement wings are not. Also move up to north if it's open, it's also very doable at 54. Later on, 57 or so learn west...and at 60 south is a decent money option for necros.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Kobold

The key is ridiculously easy to get. For the Xalgoz piece there is a pretty high chance someone will be camping him and let you loot a rotting fang. Even if it's not camped he always drops at least 1 fang so worst case it takes like a half hour. For the prod, the last 4 or 5 times I've tried to get a prod for an alt/friend that sarnak has been sitting up, guess that could be luck but it's not like he's perma-camped these days.

Sometimes HS can be really busy (which is like 10 people in the zone) for days on end and sometimes you can be the only person in the zone for hours. Like butthat said a lot of times the person camping the basement isn't concerned about the wings on the side of the basement. HS is the best xp an enchanter/necro will get though.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If basement is camped, sometimes the basement wings are not.
When I was leveling Loramin I could only hold down the main room, so I was always fine with someone taking a wing (or both). I would imagine any other Shaman would feel the same, as long as you're polite about it.

I do remember basement being a pretty popular camp, but at the same time I was able to get it fairly often. A lot of the time even if it was taken, if I waited a bit people would be done with the camp and hand it off to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-24-2018 at 10:09 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 02:45 AM
Orc

Made my way to Kaesora yesterday, picking up the key today.

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Most folks don't venture into the basement wings, in my experience; they just clear the main room and then pull the first little room on each wing if they need more. Don't be afraid to venture into the hallways of the wings as a chanter. Even if you don't need to do so to find stuff to kill, it's good practice to fight in those smaller spaces and get a feel for the respawns in the zone without the safe spot to sit at.

If you get comfortable in the basement, you are already high enough level to handle north as well. Better xp (mobs are level like 43-46 instead of all <45, and there are a few named guys you can actually get a bit of loot or spell drops off of), a safe spot, larger hallways than basement, enough mobs to keep you busy without even pulling the rooms until you're comfortable breaking them, etc.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

HS is so much fun on a necro.

I'm almost envious of you since you're about to start learning it from scratch. Invest in a few EE's, always good to have them in this zone.
Closed Thread