Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Will Horn of Hsagra + Swiftblade of Zek Significantly Out Damage Woodsman Staff?

This is for a twink that will level 20-50+, I'm curious if the HoH + SBoZ combo will be significantly worth it over a Woodsman Staff until epics.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

gonna make a guess here, but swifty hoh should out-parse the staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Depends on your level. You’ll get the most out of DW over 50, but that combo has like 200 hp and ridiculous ac and other stats. I don’t normally advocate weapon slots for stat but those are both stupid good, especially together.

Also, even after “epics” you’re gonna be using one of those two in main hand. Earthcaller isn’t a great weapon. Swiftwind is nice though.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-31-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Old 10-31-2018, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gonna make a guess here, but swifty hoh should out-parse the staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on your level. You’ll get the most out of DW over 50, but that combo has like 200 hp and ridiculous ac and other stats. I don’t normally advocate weapon slots for stat but those are both stupid good, especially together.

Also, even after “epics” you’re gonna be using one of those two in main hand. Earthcaller isn’t a great weapon. Swiftwind is nice though.
The Ranger is lv30ish right now. What about riposte's? Will I take alot more damage by using DW vs 2H? I'm basically just solo face tanking right now which I assume I will keep doing once I get the slow epic as well since I don't want to group atm. Less downtime would be more ideal.

Just wondering if its worth to spend 200k vs 4k as Woodsman.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

If you're looking for efficiency in terms of plat per dps, hell no lol.

Anything that gets near top of the spectrum sky rockets in price.

Buy a woodsman, spend 196k on plvl. (or 150k and buy epics).
Old 10-31-2018, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleriah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldnt even mess with the staff if you already have the plat to buy horn and swiftblade and here is my reasoning.
1) you look stupid with the staff. Like Master Roshi meets Everquest. Just dont
2) The staff is good until your 30s-40s.. But you're eventually going to be out dpsing the staff mid 40s when bonus dmg comes into effect.
3)... The staff looks so dam stupid.

I Personally wouldnt get both horn and swiftblade. Pick 1 or the other and throw the plat you save on offhand epic when you get a chance. If you want to be really smart just get the swiftblade of zek and save the money from the horn to buy both epics. The Mainhand slow makes a huge different when soloing.
Is it even worth buying the swiftblade now if I'm going to get both epics at 46? I get at 60 I wouldn't use the mainhand for aggro reasons but I assume I'll be using it the whole time while solo grinding.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Kobold

I agree with my fellow ranger Alleriah 100% 8)
Old 11-01-2018, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Ranger is lv30ish right now. What about riposte's? Will I take alot more damage by using DW vs 2H? I'm basically just solo face tanking right now which I assume I will keep doing once I get the slow epic as well since I don't want to group atm. Less downtime would be more ideal.

Just wondering if its worth to spend 200k vs 4k as Woodsman.
It’s absolutely not, but it’s a neat combo to level with. I really enjoyed SBoZ in main before I got my Baton of Flame. Horn is better, but not by enough to justify the extra price on a ranger.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-01-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Old 11-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s absolutely not, but it’s a neat combo to level with. I really enjoyed SBoZ in main before I got my Baton of Flame. Horn is better, but not by enough to justify the extra price on a ranger.
I ended up testing an SboZ last night from a guildy and I definitely took alot more damage due to the riposte's compared to a Woodsman Staff. I didn't parse the damage but it seemed comparable and not a "large" difference that would beat out the riposte damage I was taking.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended up testing an SboZ last night from a guildy and I definitely took alot more damage due to the riposte's compared to a Woodsman Staff. I didn't parse the damage but it seemed comparable and not a "large" difference that would beat out the riposte damage I was taking.
If you didn’t parse, how can you be certain of either the significance of the differences in riposte damage taken or the significance of damage output?

Clearly it is common sense that you take more damage with the DW combination but to what extent does it make a meaningful impact? Value it’s a no brainer. It just amuses me when people specifically compare stuff anecdotally when using a parser is so easy.

I duo’d with a monk the other day who ‘felt’ his dual wield combo beat out his IFS. We parsed a good 20 fights with each setup and his IFS was putting out close to 40-50% more damage on average. His worst IFS run was barely lower than his best dual wield run.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread